This page has moved to a new address.

Annie's House

The Now: Annie's House

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Annie's House

Call me judgmental, but I can tell a lot about someone's personality by looking at the inside of their house.  You can find out what they are passionate about, who they are and who they want to be. And the best part is finding that unexpected accessory or other design element that you never thought you would see in that person's house.  For instance, if my husband could decorate his dream man cave,  it would consist of 1 leather recliner because he loves to be comfortable and is extremely laid back, 1 tufted leather nail head couch (I think every man needs one),  about 125 Pearl Jam posters covering the walls,  books stacked everywhere and probably at least 4 extra large televisions. But that's not all... If Matt could have any piece of furniture in the world, it would be an Eero Aarnio ball chair. Never heard of it? Well it is an almost $7000, super mod chair that looks like it belongs in a space ship or on the set of A Clockwork Orange more than in Matt's man cave.  Judging on Matt's appearance, one would think mod would be a perfect antonym for him. Someone who has a strict uniform of J.Crew, Rainbow flip flops and concert t-shirts favoring geometric furniture from the 1960's? Who knew. I would have never known Matt had this side to him if I didn't know what his dream room would look like...Someday Mattsomeday!

Another example is Annie's house. Annie luckily does have her dream room..she actually has a townhouse full of dream rooms that she and her uber talented friend, Samantha Reitmayer Sano, worked very hard to design. Annie has revealed so much about herself in her home. She is extremely creative, organized and loves glamor. If I had all the money in the world, I would make my house an exact replica of Annie's (with Matt's man cave attached of course). You wouldn't know this by looking at her or her house, but Annie loves herself a bargain.  Annie has a way of turning accessories that I would never even consider at stores I have never even been to into the most enviable items in her house. She shops at the most unexpected places like TJ Maxx, HSN and even picks things up on the side of the road and magically makes things look like they cost hundreds or thousands of dollars. If I show her something that I am dying for, she will find it cheaper. I mean, it is really a gift. Take a look at Annie's amazing home and you will not be able to tell what was a reasonable price and what was $$$! 




West Elm Zig Zag Rug, Bench found on the street and reupholstered,
artwork by Annie's mom
Lucite side tables from Ebay 
Many, many of these books found at Half Priced Books



Parsons desk from West Elm


Glasses found at Tuesday Morning
Chandelier from Horchow Finale, Artwork by Annie's Mom, Maija
With Annie's luck, she found this piece in the trash




xoxo E

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At October 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Blogger KatG said...

gorgeous!!

 
At December 7, 2010 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Maija said...

I did the blue/purple painting in the dining room, and Annie's designer, Sam, gets credit for the circles in the living room. I liked the chevron rug in the living room so much I got one for myself - West Elm.

 
At January 8, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Haley said...

What an amazing home - I'm so jealous!

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie

 
At January 26, 2011 at 11:32 AM , Blogger C.Trogolo.Jester said...

Maija--as one who paints large canvas pieces for the house I share with my Husband and our one-year Son, the painting in Annie’s dining room inspires me! I am always looking for new ways to explore my passion. What mediums did you use?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home