This page has moved to a new address.

For the Masses...

The Now: For the Masses...

Sunday, October 10, 2010

For the Masses...

As we all know, a major trend in retail over the past few years has been collaborations between high-end designers and affordable retailers.  Karl Lagerfeld started this phenomenon in Fall 2004 with his collection produced and distributed by H&M.  Since then, we've seen some of the following collaborations:

Alexander McQueen (RIP) for Target - March 2009
Jimmy Choo for H&M - November 2009

Zac Posen for Target - April 2010

Here are our top pics for Fall 2010 collaborations...

Lanvin for H&M - Launches Nov 20th (it will be a happy Thanksgiving indeed!)
Pierre Hardy for Gap - Fall 2010 (DROOLING over these)
Alexa Chung for Madewell - Available Now
Vena Cava for Aqua (Exclusive to Bloomingdales) - Available Now

Today Target launched their much anticipated Mulberry for Target Collection.  Naturally, I hit up my local Target in hopes of buying a bag for both E & myself; however, I was less than thrilled when I saw the pieces in person.  I get that creating low-end version of a very high-end handbag line may be the most challenging collaborative endeavor of all, but still, there has been so much hype on this line that I was expecting BIG things.  Anyway, I walked out empty-handed (literally, I was so disappointed that I didn't buy a thing at Target - pretty sure that's never happened).  

The ads had me so excited!
I still have hopes that this bag is really cute (sold out at my target)




Somehow it didn't feel quite as glamorous in person!

Good luck to everyone hoping to get a piece of their favorite collaboration this fall!  
Crazed shoppers hoping to get a piece of Roberto Cavalli for H&M - 2007

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home