This page has moved to a new address.

The Non-Traditionalist Thanksgiving Table

The Now: The Non-Traditionalist Thanksgiving Table

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Non-Traditionalist Thanksgiving Table

Call me a Thanksgiving Scrooge, but I just am not one for kitch when it comes to the holidays.  And to me, the words "Thanksgiving Tablescape" conjures up mental images of turkey-shaped napkin rings, strangely shaped gourd centerpieces, and an ill-looking color palette of brown, yellow and orange.  No thanks.  (Side note: Nothing I have said applies if you have little ones... I think a certain level of "cutesy-ness" is a must for celebrating with kiddos)  But back to the adult-talk... I've scoured the Internet and have found some alternatives if your feelings are much like mine! 


Now THIS is what I'm talking about!   For this non-traditional Thanksgiving tablescape, designer Eddie Ross (so obsessed!) created a low-cost (although that's all relative) design for Lonny Magazine.  I love Ross's mixture of vintage and new pieces, and his use of modern pattern to offset the more traditional Thanksgiving "vibe." 





For option #2, I love the pale blue that's used below to create a soft, modern look, while still coming across as fall-ish and festive.  The gold pumpkins and marbleized chargers add a bit of glam, while the wishbone napkin rings bring a bit of whimsy (ugh, I hate that word) into the mix.  This look says "Happy Thanksgiving" in a sweet, subtle way.  I like! 

via Martha Stewart Living

For this modern tablescape, Dwell Studio features a simple, monochromatic backdrop, which lets the food (if you call a single dinner roll "food") be the main attraction.  I absolutely LOVE the brass flatware and the white serving bowls with gold interiors.

via Design Public

So, I'm not hosting Thanksgiving at my house, but if I were, here's what I hope it would look like... Oh my gosh I think this is so pretty!  The perfect mix of holiday, simplicity, and a touch of glam.  And it doesn't look like you'd break your neck putting it together.  Okay fine... maybe I'd throw a few flowers in there, but I do love it! 

via StudioTen25

Sooo, do you have big plans for your Thanksgiving tablescape???

xoxo A

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At November 24, 2010 at 7:21 AM , Blogger tilly | maison said...

wow, fantastic ideas! i'm with you on the tired thanksgiving tablescapes. loving all of the blues here, so fresh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home