This page has moved to a new address.

Catalog Living

The Now: Catalog Living

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Catalog Living

I debated not publishing this post since it has ZERO to do with actual style; however, I couldn't resist.  Most of us design junkies get loads of magazines every month... Pottery Barn, West Elm, Crate & Barrel and the like.  The question is, have you ever taken the time to notice how ridiculously the products are staged most of the time?

Get ready for one of the funniest websites ever, Catalog Living, where they offer "A look into the exciting lives of the people who live in your catalogs."  Genius!  Most of the posts feature Gary and Elaine, a fictional couple I find myself wishing were my BFF's.

Here's a taste of the greatness...

Gary resented Elaine’s nagging tone every time she told him to put his twigs back in the dresser.


Waking up to a freshly ironed dress and a half-eaten watermelon, Gary suspected Elaine was back on Ambien.


Elaine may have had to sell my favorite side table on Ebay, but that’s not going to stop me from my afternoon Sake ritual.


Elaine!  The owl had an accident.


Another Christmas, another level of hatred Todd has for Thompson.


…and that was the last time Gary was put in charge of the Decorative Holiday Shelf.


With Elaine out of town, Gary couldn’t even enjoy his favorite dinner of brie and tree branch.


Gary, we got the desk and Medieval Torture Chair you wanted, so why do you still insist on reading on the floor?  Now, where’s that beige book I came in here for?


The only things Elaine treasures more than her prized blue and white urn collection are the framed drawings of her blue and white urn collection.


Elaine was not amused by Gary’s passive-aggressive response to her request to “garnish the cocktails.”


Gary was really looking forward to a weekend of kicking back and knocking out a few chapters of Fork.


Trust me - you'll never be able to look at a catalog the same!

xoxo A

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 12, 2011 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

Love this and yall! Both of you are so talented & witty. I love that we share the same obsession:)! I am sure many of your followers foresee big creative/fashion ventures are in your near future.
--C.Trogolo.Jester

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home