This page has moved to a new address.

Light My Fire

The Now: Light My Fire

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Light My Fire

Brrrr, it's cold outside!  Well, I guess cold is a relative term, and as a Texan saying it's cold, I'm sure our blogger friend Christine is laughing at us from her home in Canada.  Nonetheless, I'm dreaming of sitting by a warm fire right now, so I thought blogging about it would be the next best thing.  Here are some dreamy fireplaces positioned in the most lovely interiors:

David Jimenez Designs, Palm Springs Mid-Century

via The Decorista

Lonny Magazine, February/March 2010

Frank Roop design

via The Someday Blog

Palmer Weiss design

via DecorPad

Canadian House and Home

And if a functioning fireplace isn't an option for you, here are some chic alternatives...


Kate Spade Pop-Up Apartment

The home of Judy & Jane Aldridge, styled by Sam Sano

 Kelly Giesen design

Eddie Ross via Apartment Therapy

Domino Magazine via Apartment Therapy

My picks???  If my fireplace didn't function, hands-down I'd go for the Judy Aldridge / StyleSwoon fireplace look.  In fact, when Sam was styling my downstairs, I was tempted to forego my working fireplace to "get the look" but I just couldn't part from the option of having a warm fire on during those cold Dallas nights ;)

xoxo A

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At December 7, 2010 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Maija said...

Noooooooooooooooo! The Kate Spade look is more fun - but I'll bet Sam could arrange the books much better. And you don't need a saw! (I suppose those are logs in the Aldridge fireplace?)

 
At December 7, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Blogger tilly | maison said...

oh that black room is so killer. and loving the stacked books in kate's pop-up apartment. ok, love it all. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home