This page has moved to a new address.

style/SWOON

The Now: style/SWOON

Sunday, December 5, 2010

style/SWOON

You know those people in your life who are just so good at EVERYTHING they do?  No, not the ones you're annoyed by, but the ones who are so sweet that you just ADORE them. Well, for those of you know don't know her, let me introduce you to "the definition of AMAZING at everything she does, but so sweet you adore her"... Samantha Sano .

I had the please of meeting Sam through my dear friend Megan Masoner, Owner of reFINEstyle.com (oh get ready, that's an upcoming post that y'all are going to love!), which is an online luxury resale marketplace that's I'd had the pleasure of being a part of.  Megan and Sam are dear friends from TCU, and when it came time for Megan to launch her business, she knew she had to enlist graphic designer Sam to develop the "look and feel" for reFINEstyle.

A graphic designer by trade, Sam's design firm, Swoon the Studio , works with some incredibly prestigious clients, including Neiman Marcus, the Dallas Cowboys, Bellagio Hotel, Southern Methodist University, etc., etc., etc....

Here are some examples of her graphic design work:

Mailer for Neiman Marcus' Seasonal Private Offer
Commemorative card for Cowboys' Suite Holders
Invitation for Nicole Richie's Appearance at Neiman Marcus, Dallas

That was a very small sampling of Sam's graphic talents, but let's get on to what I know you all want to see, some interiors!

Many of you know that Sam styled my downstairs, which was without question one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to me (while I do have a flair for the dramatic, I am not exaggerating about that!).  There are many great things about working with Sam, but I'd say the biggest compliment that I can give her is that she listens to what her client's vision is, and then takes that vision to a completely new level.

Here are two VERY different, but equally beautiful, interiors that Sam has done for clients...

Case in point: this client's vision was "Rustic French Country meets Coastal Living..."













Can you believe Sam's attention to detail and unbelievable execution of her client's vision???  Stunning!

See the rest of the interior here
And the exterior here

The next example is one that many of you have likely seen... Sam's incredible styling of bloggers Judy Aldridge and Jane Aldridge's home, which was recently featured in the Holiday 2010 issue of Rue Magazine.  View the complete story here.

Elizabeth and I had the privilege of attending the "unveiling" party of the Aldridge home, and let's just say the photos, while completely GORGEOUS, do not do it justice!  Also, both Jane and Judy were completely lovely and were such a pleasure to chat with.  Here are some images, courtesy of Rue....










I could go on, and on, and on, but I'll let you take some time to click through Sam's website and enjoy her many talents!

xoxo A

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 5, 2010 at 8:23 PM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

I just entered her amazing giveaway and am gobe smacked by her work- the judy and jane aldridge home is one of my absolute favourite spaces EVER...I adore it like candy. So amazing that she helped you with your space- I suspect it is totally fabulous as well! xo

 
At December 5, 2010 at 8:25 PM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

PS- HOLY CRAP...I just clicked over to your house pictures that Elizabeth posted- I am relatively new here I hadn't seen it before. Your house is ridiculous- like so amazingly good. Your dining room literally makes me weak in the knees- and the lucite, and chevrons, and art...dying. Have you sent pictures to a magazine? If not, you should!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home