This page has moved to a new address.

Four Eyes

The Now: Four Eyes

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Four Eyes

I'm one of those oh-so-lucky people who has been wearing glasses since the 1st grade.  I remember crying on the first day I had to wear the glasses to school because I didn't think anyone would recognize me.  Looking back, I should have been crying because I was wearing frames that were better suited for a full-grown man vs. a 1st grader.  Perhaps I was an early adopter of the geek-chic trend???


These days, I just wear glasses for reading and computer work, but luckily there are tons of gorgeous frames out there to choose from.  Before we get into the good stuff, I'm a little curious if any other brunette eyeglass-wearers out there run into what I call the "Lisa Loeb Dilemma."  I swear, it seems that 9 times out of 10, any pair of glasses I put on causes me to immediately look like Lisa Loeb.  And I swear I don't even resemble her without the glasses.  

Anyone feel me on this? 

Moving on, here are some of my favorite... and not so favorite... celebrity eyeglass looks...




Clearly I see a trend with my picks... I'm loving the Buddy Holly-esque glasses look, as long as it's not too over the top.

What glasses looks do you love???

xoxo A

Lisa Loeb image via here here
Leona Lewis image via here
Hilary Duff image via here
Kirsten Dunst image via here
Megan Fox image via here
Britney Spears image via here
Emily Blunt image via here
Jennifer Garner & Molly Sims images via here

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 26, 2011 at 5:16 AM , Blogger things that sparkle said...

I completely agree with your hits and misses. Wow glasses can be so good, or SO bad. Once (when I was like 16, too old to being telling this story out loud) I pretended I really needed glasses, got these gorgeous little chanel ones and they gave me the worst headache ever. And yes at that point, with my fake glasses, I totally looked like Lisa Loeb.

 
At January 26, 2011 at 7:31 AM , Blogger The Now said...

I had an awesome pair of big red round beauties in grade school. It was definitely a miss...esp. with my perm!! haha xoxo E

 
At January 26, 2011 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Lovely Happenings said...

I totally agree with your "hits". I like mine in tortoise though.

My boyfriend just got a pair of sexy glasses yesterday. swoon.

I want to rock a pair at times but don't need them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home