This page has moved to a new address.

No Better Way to Kick-off 2011...

The Now: No Better Way to Kick-off 2011...

Monday, January 3, 2011

No Better Way to Kick-off 2011...

By now most of us are aware of "the secret" that Tom Ford is is producing his first namesake collection for Spring '11.  How fun (and different) that he took an "anti-immediacy" position to launch the collection...

“I do not understand everyone’s need to see everything online the day after a show,” he says. “I don’t think it ultimately serves the customer, which is the whole point of my business — not to serve journalists or the fashion system. To put something out that’s going to be in a store in six months, and to see it on a starlet, ranked in US magazine next week? My customer doesn’t want to wear the same thing she saw on a starlet!" (Tom Ford - Vogue)

Instead, he only allowed his own photographer into the presentation to shoot the clothes, and only 100 select fashion editors.  You're a genius, Mr. Ford!!!

Shots from the very private Vogue shoot: 



Images courtesy of Vogue

Now that the images of his collection have been seen, Mr. Ford has FINALLY released the much buzzed about video of his fashion show... see it here:



Gawww I love him!

xoxo A

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 3, 2011 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Mackenzie {Design Darling} said...

This is just beyond. I'm obsessed! Great way to start my Monday : )

 
At January 3, 2011 at 12:04 PM , Blogger things that sparkle said...

I am so in love with him. Straight or not, he needs to be my husband

 
At January 3, 2011 at 1:52 PM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Brilliant indeed- adore the campaign, adore him!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home