This page has moved to a new address.

Shelf Life

The Now: Shelf Life

Friday, January 21, 2011

Shelf Life

I was in desperate need of more storage for all of our fancy china and crystal. Luckily, I spotted this faux bamboo china cabinet at White Elephant Antiques and it fit perfectly with my vision for our dining room and our budget!! Hooray! While I love it, it needs some sprucing up!

Our new addition! When I bought it, the back was covered
 in red fabric which I immediately removed. 

And now the back of the shelves look like this soooo it's PROJECT TIME!!!

I could paint??? ehhh...



What to do? What to do?? Should I use wallpaper like at Annie's house


or like this:
Love this  Orla Kiley wallpaper!

 Here are some of my favorite wallpapers....


Or I could use fabric! I found this DIY project on Studio Ten25
What a smart idea!!

Measure the shelf and cut a piece of cardboard with the same dimensions!

Wrap cardboard in a fabric of your choice
Place it at the back of the shelf, decorate.......
et voila!!! Beautiful!!!
These fabrics are pretty but I think I want to do wallpaper!

Alright, I have some decisions to make!!! I just need to spice up these shelves ASAP!  Any suggestions???

oh PS....this is my China:




xoxo E



Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At January 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM , OpenID lisa-diwiner said...

I LOVE THIS! What a good find and it fits your style exactly. Yay.

 
At January 21, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Blogger The Now said...

I completely agree that you should go with the wallpaper! I want you to put up a pic of your fab Missoni china so that everyone can vote what paper will look best! (and so that you can show off your china) I'll help you install the wallpaper once it comes in! xo Annie

 
At January 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

WALLPAPER!!!! And I'm a firm yes on a metallic gold to play off of your positively scrumptious china- I die over that by the way. Ferm living has a great gold and white metallic that would also look great but I love that geometric gold you put in your choices- I think either would make that stunning china look soooo good. Oh and O&L gold and cream Asuka would also look great- or maybe a Florance Broadhurst metallic- ok enough for now- happy weekend and fabulous find on that cabinet- it's delish!! xo

 
At January 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Tonia of Chic Modern Vintage said...

So many wonderful options you pose, I can't choose but I'm sure that you'll pick the right one for you. Have a fabulous weekend.

 
At January 21, 2011 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Sara Mueller said...

I love your china cabinet. I would love to have something like that in our home. I am so glad you found one! And I love the geometric gold wallpaper. It will look amazing! And I can't wait to see it all done with your stunning china in it. Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home