This page has moved to a new address.

Dining Room Dilemma

The Now: Dining Room Dilemma

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dining Room Dilemma

Well the good news is I have finally found a dining room table! Since we are on year three of living in our house, you can see that I like to take my time on things. The dilemma is that it is a little out of my price range....It's $6,000. Apparently they JUST had one at the Wisteria Outlet that was identical, but when I went to get it, they had sold it. FML. Anyway, now I am obsessed with finding a look alike table! I don't know what to do! Here is a picture of the beautiful, Kaveri dining table that I originally spotted.  I found it at the Conran shop inside ABC Home in New York. It's a little blurry, but you get the idea...


Here it is in all of it's glory. And I would want it with the white S Chairs!!!
I found this Restoration Hardware table that is similar in shape and maybe I could have someone leaf it with metallic silver paint?
And another from World Market that is only $500!


Does anyone have any advice or $6,000 that I can borrow :)?

xoxo E

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At February 24, 2011 at 12:03 PM , Blogger carolyn. tilly | maison said...

ha, i don't know, i think i could be perfectly happy living with just that table on the side of a road...
but really, i say give the DIY a try-maybe some silver leaf? presto! good luck, be sure to share pics :)

 
At February 24, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

I absolutely think you could replicate the look with one of the tables you showed and some silver leaf. It would be gorgeous!!!

 
At February 24, 2011 at 2:48 PM , Blogger Anna White said...

Love it, and honey..and the first thing that came to mind was...yes..to purchase a similar looking piece of furniture and leaf it...will take a heck of alot of leafing..but it is doable...the other alternative is to find a matching metalic spray paint..there are so many amazing ones out there that you can hardly tell...and a cheaper alternative in getting that look.
Those white Panton chairs comes fairly cheap now...on Ebay..or Craiglist.

Either way I think you can most certainly create this look lovely...with a little creativity and alot of elbow grease you too can have an amazing dining table in your home.
Look forward to seeing what you end up doing. Good luck :)
Anna x

 
At February 24, 2011 at 2:50 PM , Blogger Anna White said...

Here is a link with some helpful steps x

http://www.ehow.com/how_6621265_gold-leaf-furniture.html

 
At February 24, 2011 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Tonia of Chic Modern Vintage said...

You could find a similar table, paint it & have mirror cut to size for the top. Check the blog Miss Mustard Seed for fabulous painting tips or The Magic Brush

 
At February 25, 2011 at 1:04 PM , Blogger livingladur√©e said...

You have totally inspired me! I have an 8' long farm table that I'm not lovin right now. I think I may silver leaf the base and leave the 2" butcher block top natural for a vintage glamorous look. Awesome table!!!

xoxo,

Amy

 
At February 25, 2011 at 3:21 PM , Blogger The Now said...

Yay! Thanks for all the feedback!! Anna, I really appreciate you sending that link! I just found this DIY silver leafing job by a fellow blogger..check it out


http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/2009/12/silver-leaf-dressers.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home