This page has moved to a new address.

Just an Itty Bitty Wedding Post...

The Now: Just an Itty Bitty Wedding Post...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Just an Itty Bitty Wedding Post...

So I promise not to turn THE NOW into a bridal blog, but I do need a little bit of help from all of our creative friends out there!  In a little update from my wedding world, everything is planned (yes, EVERYTHING), except for floral, invitations, & bridesmaid dresses.  In less than two weeks, my super efficient dad has locked down the church, reception, band, DJ, photographer, lighting, videographer, etc., etc., etc.  Pretty amazing!  And one more thing... I found my dress (with E by my side, of course!).  To say that I'm excited about getting married is a huge understatement =)
 
So we have appointments with floral two vendors within the week, the first of which is this afternoon.  My "problem" is, I always envisioned a Spring wedding, which included loads of pink peonies, ranunculus, and the like.  Now that we have a wedding date of 11/19 (which I am THRILLED about!!!), I need some new direction.  Of course, the florists will have some fabulous ideas, but y'all are the ones who I trust the most! 

So friends out there... if you were having a fall/winter-ish wedding, what would you do in terms of floral? 


Goodbye Peonies???
xoxo, A

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At March 1, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Mag said...

read this post here

http://masterpieceweddings.blogspot.com/2009/10/fall-and-winter-flowers.html

great yeah?? xo, best wishes!! i look forward to see what you choose..

 
At March 1, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Julie and Lauren said...

Ee- I love big white lilys! But that picture of the peonies is gorgeous!
Good luck!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 1:16 PM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Alas...love peonies like kids love Christmas but a fall/winter wedding is so so romantic. What about orchids? I adore adore them and used them for my wedding. Very white ones with a hint of blush in the center- did narrow stemmed bouqets tightly wrapped in white silk ribbon- they were quite lovely if I do say so myself. And ps, what an awesome dad you have!! How adorable is it that he is so into the process! Love. xo

 
At March 1, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Blogger things that sparkle said...

Well first of all, I would be so happy if you added in some wedding tidbits, so you dont have to apologize at all! Also, that link that Mag posted said peonies and ranunculus were available in fall? Hmmm. I do love the suggestion of orchids, I think they are romantic and modern.

 
At March 2, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} said...

I love floral discussions. I think it really does depend on what kind of "look" you're going for, but (I agree with the previous poster) orchids are beautiful and modern, and hydrangeas--if still in season--make a very sweet bunch. Good luck!

 
At March 2, 2011 at 9:17 PM , Blogger gypsy soul interiors said...

Annie, I got married in December and we used "Black
Beauty" roses. If you get the good ones, they are a super dark
Crimson, seriously almost black. They were stunning. We also mixed in some mums(yes mums) that were the same shade for volume. Check them out:)

KRisten
Gypsy Soul Interiors

 
At March 3, 2011 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

If you don't have a specific flower in mind it may be helpful to go for a colour scheme instead and then have your florist suggest flowers that will fit it.

 
At March 21, 2011 at 8:20 AM , Blogger ashley @ ashleynicolecatherine said...

that pic is exactly what i want for my bouquet, but i digress...a close friend got married in fall and coupled deep hued florals with foliage. her bouquet included white dahlias which was such an unexpected, but gorgeous choice! now i'm not sure if dahlias still bloom in nov., but really opened my eyes to non-traditional choices.

here's a link to pics from her wedding: http://coryryan.smugmug.com/Weddings/Meredith-Clay-The-Allan-House/14863919_vu85t#1109100043_Dg9x3

xo.ashley

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home