This page has moved to a new address.

The {Not So} Basic Black Bag

The Now: The {Not So} Basic Black Bag

Monday, March 28, 2011

The {Not So} Basic Black Bag

Today, a friend called me with a VERY fun question... after years of spending a little here and a little there on "everyday" black bags, she's ready to invest in a bag that will carry her through the years.

Her requirements?

  1. Nothing "labely" (E.g, she's not looking for interlocking G's or LV's)
  2. A bag that can be dressed up or down
  3. Something that "not everyone has"
  4. Though we didn't exactly discuss price, I think we're we're looking for something between $1500-$2500

Here are some of my initial thoughts... 


Chlo√© Paraty Medium Leather Bag 

Jimmy Choo Riki Stamped Leather Shoulder Bag

Proenza Schouler PS1 Medium Black Leather Satchel


Burberry Studded Plisse-Leather Tote




My vote is for the PS1 if she's looking for something a bit on the trendy side (okay a lot on the trendy side, but I LOVE it!), and the Chloe if she's looking for something a bit dressier.   But honestly, I love them all!

Some questies - will the PS1 be out of style in a year... What do we think?   Does that Burberry look like it would be hard to wear on the shoulder, or would you have to carry it on the arm? 

Ahh, decisions, decisions!

xoxo A

Labels:

13 Comments:

At March 28, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Blogger travelkate said...

I love that Chloe bag, it looks timeless, feminine, and seems to meet all of your friend's requirements!

 
At March 28, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Blogger The Now said...

omg who is this??? Chloe or Proenza!!! The PS 1 is their classic bag. it will be like balenciaga's motorcycle bag..which could also be fun! xo E

 
At March 28, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Roses @ StrictlyRoses said...

I'm loving the Chloe or the Burberry. I dont think she can go wrong with either one.

 
At March 28, 2011 at 10:53 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

I love the Chloe most and do think the Burberry looks like it would be hard to keep on the shoulder.

 
At March 28, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Blogger The enchanted home said...

I vote for the Chloe bag..their leathers can stand up in a battle......thick, beauitful and really long lasting plus it has minimal ornamentation...perfect to stand up to all the trends that will come and go.

 
At March 28, 2011 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Lily said...

My vote is for the Chloe or the Proenza ! Both classic and I do not see the Proenza going out of style !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

 
At March 28, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger things that sparkle said...

The Chloe paraty all the way. I am obsessed and its so versatile.

 
At March 28, 2011 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Lindsey Regan Thorne be pretty said...

Yummy... ooooing over the Chloe!

xo, LRT
http://www.lindseyreganthorne.com/

 
At March 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM , Blogger livingladur√©e said...

I'll take all four. The end.

A

 
At March 28, 2011 at 4:47 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

chloe! I actually am not a huge fan of the proenza..I like the clutch version I think..what about the new celine bag in all black?

 
At March 28, 2011 at 5:47 PM , Blogger designstiles said...

Absolutely. Those are pretty much my requirements and I got the Chloe Paraty for my birthday. I seriously use it everyday and it's going on year one now.

 
At March 28, 2011 at 8:30 PM , Blogger sensiblyluxe said...

I love that Chloe.

 
At March 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM , OpenID vmacandcheese.com said...

The Chloe!!! Meanwhile, I've been on a similar hunt, but for a basic brown or black tote...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home