This page has moved to a new address.

Taxidermy As Decor: Freaky or Fab

The Now: Taxidermy As Decor: Freaky or Fab

Monday, March 14, 2011

Taxidermy As Decor: Freaky or Fab

 

Ryan Korban's baby zebra (traditional taxidermy in Europe has a "no kill" policy. The animals die naturally like this Zebra

Harley Viera Newton's leopard obsession


Tigers on the runway at the Louis Vuitton Spring '11 Show
For a measly $4000, you can buy a GORGEOUS, white peacock at Perch New Orleans
I'm not sure about putting the Ostrich above my bed...via the decorista
Wes Anderson at Deyrolle...a historical, must see taxidermy shop in Paris









































Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 14, 2011 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Haley said...

It always makes me feel sad for the animals when I see taxidermy... glad to know that the zebra died naturally, though. I'm more of a fan of the ceramic or bright enamel heads that don't look real at all.

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie
www.cardiganjunkie.com

 
At March 14, 2011 at 7:35 PM , Blogger things that sparkle said...

Ehh so not a fan. Boyfriend is a hunter but I don't even like when he brings his hunting clothes inside, can you imagine what I would do if he brought in an animal? Ew

 
At March 15, 2011 at 10:38 AM , Blogger The Now said...

Actually, when Sam and I were initially shopping/brainstorming for my living room, we found the most STUNNING white peacock that we were thinking about putting in my living room. Very similar to the one you have in the post, but it was MUCH more reasonably priced. At the end of the day, it didn't work out, but I really wanted it! xo A

 
At March 16, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Wallpaper said...

This is freaky to me!! Just would never do it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home