This page has moved to a new address.

Lanvin Look for Less...

The Now: Lanvin Look for Less...

Friday, April 8, 2011

Lanvin Look for Less...

I almost fell over seeing photos of Jennifer Connelly in a stunning gray Lanvin gown at the Chicago premiere of "The Dilemma." Why, you ask?  Well, it reminds me of a Jovovich Hawk for Mango dress that E bought a few years ago!  I lusted after this dress and was lucky enough to borrow it for a formal event (thanks Elizabeth!!).

I'm laughing at the thought of Alber Elbaz strolling through the local mall and being inspired by a Mango mannequin (which obviously wasn't the case), but it is fun to see the similarities in the dresses! 

The Dress: Lanvin Pleated Washed-Satin Gown


Here's a pic of the stunning (and prego) Jennifer Connelly, and yours truly - A & E...


Is there anything better than getting a look for less?  Nope! 

xoxo A

Jennifer Connelly photo from here

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At April 8, 2011 at 1:47 PM , Blogger mosaicology said...

btw you can easily find instructions on how to create a drape dress like this one!
ps> I love Lanvin but to be honest I prefer your version, classier! definitely girls!

 
At April 8, 2011 at 2:28 PM , Blogger Haley said...

I like the Mango one better too - the Lanvin version makes JC look like she has some sort of saggy side boob :) Great find!

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie
www.cardiganjunkie.com

 
At April 8, 2011 at 4:23 PM , Blogger things that sparkle said...

Let me just say I think your Mango one significantly better. The Lanvin gives her droopy boobs. I have an event in a couple weeks that this dress would be perfect for! Did you get it recently??

 
At April 9, 2011 at 4:21 PM , Blogger travelkate said...

I love this dress! I really prefer the Mango dress over the Lanvin too. The sleeveless cut looks so much better than the extra sleeves and blousy material!

 
At April 10, 2011 at 8:24 AM , Blogger ashley @ ashleynicolecatherine said...

gorgeous! lovelove that color and it looks great on both of you!

xo.ashley

 
At April 10, 2011 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Glitter and Pearls said...

oooh, you look fabulous! Love the color!

xox Lexi
Glitter & Pearls

 
At April 11, 2011 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

You are FABULOUS. Love this post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home