This page has moved to a new address.

Wedding Wednesday

The Now: Wedding Wednesday

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wedding Wednesday

Happy Wedding Wednesday, Friends!

Today I'm going to give you a sneak peek into my New Orleans trip... and shh, don't tell my fiancĂ©, but what I'm about to share with you was EASILY, the best part of my little vacay. 

Backing up a minute, there are many reason why I'm THRILLED to be getting married.  Of course, I'm marrying the most wonderful person with whom I will spend the rest of my life, etc., etc., etc., but also, I will finally get to purchase Leontine Linens.  After all, why on earth would I have splurged on them prior to having my "rest of my life" monogram?

I've loved Leontine ever since seeing them in a 2007 edition of Domino. (How was it that Domino introduced us to everything good in life?)  Many of you probably remember the article, which featured two sisters who bought identical apartments in a Manhattan building.  While Merrill's bedding was SUPER cute (she mixed Leontine shams with an existing duvet), it was Nicole's bedding that sent me into a full-blown obsession over the line.

Domino Magazine, Oct. 2007

So when I found out I was going to New Orleans I was THRILLED, as I knew that Leontine's Flagship store and showroom is right on Magazine Street in the heart of the city.

But I'm not going to lie... when I approached the address, I was confused.  This fabulous linen company that I've been reading about for all of these years... the moment I had been waiting for... and the entry looked like - THIS????



Luckily I just took one step inside and it was Love . At . First . Sight .  




photos by me

The salesperson, Brooke, was so much fun.  She was INCREDIBLY helpful and spent a lot of time walking me through some ideas for my bedroom.  What I really appreciated about her was that she understood that I wasn't a bazillionaire ready to spend my entire savings monogramming very nook and cranny in my house (which would be easy to do at Leontine). 

She gave me some good "bang for your buck" suggestions, like selecting an applique vs. monogram (much less costly, and great for those of us who like really bold and graphic design!).  Brooke even looked at photos of my house to help suggest which appliques would look best with my style.

Here are my two front-runners...


Sooo... which do you like better???


photos courtesy of leontinelinens.com

And I think I'm leaning towards Alcott... although Maxwell is Aerin Lauder's favorite, which is a bit of a selling point in itself!  But regardless of which style I choose I'm going to be very careful selective about which pieces I monogram / applique around the house.  After all, nothing is worse (in my opinion) than a girl who goes a little nutso with the initials!

Can't wait to update everyone on what I select!  And I'm not sure that I'll be able to wait until November... so you may be seeing an update sooner rather than later =)

xoxo A

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At April 20, 2011 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Ohh sounds like a successful shopping trip :) Love a helpful employee!

 
At April 20, 2011 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

Ok I have so much to say right now!!!
1. So jealous you went, and wtf with that entrance?? They need an interior/exterior designer ASAP
2. Leontine might be the most gorgeous stuff ever in existence. Not kidding.
3. Alcott is my choice. Its softer and more interesting to me.
4. What color are you doing??? Can you please share every single detail!

xoxooxo

 
At April 20, 2011 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Love this! It looks like an amazing shopping trip. I say go with the Alcott, it is simply stunning.

 
At April 20, 2011 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Bradley said...

LOVE Leontine Linens. That orange bedspread and shams picture has been in my inspiration folder for several years now.

Alcott!!

 
At April 20, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Ah so lovely. Leontine Linens = bliss!! I vote Alcott as well- love Maxwell too...perhaps a little more chionoise inspired but Alcott is just a bit more feminine, which I like. I can't WAIT to see what you choose- colour???

 
At April 20, 2011 at 8:54 AM , Blogger sensiblyluxe said...

I must say, being in the "engaged" boat as well, this is so exciting!!! I go into conniptions over linens. It is something the fiance does not understand but is willing to support (aahhhh love).
I vote for Alcott--and now I must look into these linens because I want some monogrammed goodness for myself!

 
At April 20, 2011 at 9:07 AM , Blogger holly said...

Alcott, for sure! Love it.

 
At April 20, 2011 at 10:32 AM , Blogger MOD FOX STYLE said...

Alcott, Alcott, Alcott!

Amy

 
At April 20, 2011 at 1:09 PM , Blogger kelly said...

Alcott! Love.

 
At April 20, 2011 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

one...could it be ANY more sketch on the outside
two..im so jealy
three...I cant decide. im no help!

 
At April 20, 2011 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Haley said...

I vote for Alcott! I too am dying to know what color you picked and see what you decide to monogram. Looks like a fun trip!

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie
www.cardiganjunkie.com

 
At April 21, 2011 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Sara Mueller said...

Alcott! must check them out! I would love to add them to our bedroom.

 
At April 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

gorgeous!! i like alcott too!

xo.ashley

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home