This page has moved to a new address.

Weekend Find...

The Now: Weekend Find...

Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Find...

We Dallasites are lucky enough to have the Wisteria Outlet just a few minutes from Downtown, and since it's just down the street from my house, I am forced to pop in at least once a month.  Sure, I could spend time perusing through the outlet showroom, but that would be too easy.  I always bolt for the "chip and dent" section in the back, where prices are sometimes slashed up to 90%.

My latest purchase?  The fabulous convertible settee - which I have lusted after for some time now, but at $1799 it's hardly in my price range.  Well during my latest search in the "chip and dent" warehouse, there I saw my settee (partially covered in dirt and leaning on 3 legs).  The price slashed to $999.  A deal, yes, but still not good enough for me.  But wait!  The red dot on the price tag signaled another 40% off the bottom line.  Okay, $600 is starting to feel better.  Oh, and then 25% off orders of $150+?  So we're at $450. When the saleslady approached me she then told me that since it was missing the bottom cushion she'd bring the price down to $299.  Um, ok, where can I sign?

Two days later I had E's hubby's Tahoe (thanks Matt!) loaded up with my prize, hauling it off to the upholsterer for some TLC.  Can't wait to show you the final product!



xoxo A

Labels:

17 Comments:

At April 11, 2011 at 8:14 AM , Blogger things that sparkle said...

Ok this is the deal of a lifetime. Amazing. Now I really need to come visit. What fabric did you choose for it??

 
At April 11, 2011 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

you never cease you amaze me with your bargain hunting skills, Annie! this is such a beautiful find!! can't wait to see what you do with it!!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Blogger FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

I can't tell you how jealous I am. That has got to be the biggest score ever! I absolutely love that piece - congratulations!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:01 AM , Blogger MOD fox Stylings said...

What a rockin deal....my kinda price slash! Great job sweet girl!

A

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Blogger travelkate said...

I have been scoring killer deals at Wisteria too-that is a super plus to living in Dallas I must say! That red dot anat in the chip and dent section (coupled with the sale they are having) has offered me some ridiculous deals!

Love that settee!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:16 AM , Blogger The enchanted home said...

Steal of the year....and sooo fabulous looking. Amazing and well deserved!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:24 AM , OpenID vmacandcheese.com said...

Amazing!!! I love when that happens (and I can relate -- I recently got a rug that was originally $450 for $82). Can't wait to see your finished product!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:53 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Oh my goodness Annie...this is AMAZING!!!! I can not freaking wait to see it all finished. Dying with anticipation over here. And ps, thank you so much for your sweet comment over on my blog today..not sure if it was you or E but in any case, thank you both! xoxo

 
At April 11, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Roses @ StrictlyRoses said...

what a fantastic deal! Congrats.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 1:48 PM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

now THAT is bargain shopping!! congrats!

xo.ashley

 
At April 11, 2011 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Haley said...

I just scored a bench there and will be going back way more often now! What upholsterer do you use? I'm trying to find someone to recover my bench. Congrats on the clearance luck!

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie
www.cardiganjunkie.com

 
At April 11, 2011 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

amazing! cannot wait to see the fabric choice

 
At April 11, 2011 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Sara Mueller said...

Wow! that is a deal! I am missing out on deals...

 
At April 11, 2011 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Great deal! Gorgeous piece, I am so jealous.

 
At April 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM , Blogger Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Yowza you must be pinching yourself. I can't wait for you to show us the finished product either.

 
At April 12, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Amber @ imagine.create.play said...

OMG- what an amazing purchase. It's stunning and I just can't simply wait to see what you do to make it officially yours!!
Just found your blog and love it!
-your newest follower

 
At April 13, 2011 at 6:53 AM , Blogger The Zhush said...

That is so cool, and jealous of the outlet nearby!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home