This page has moved to a new address.

My love affair with the french sofa

The Now: My love affair with the french sofa

Friday, May 6, 2011

My love affair with the french sofa

Once upon a time, I had a love affair with french sofas. I was completely obsessed. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep..I spent spent my days and nights trying to find the perfect one for my house, but it just didn't work out the way I wanted it to so I moved on. Or so I thought. I settled on a comfortable, unisex  Ethan Allen and we have been happy together for years. But the French sofa has crept it's way back into my life and before I knew it, BAM...obsessed once again. Damnit French sofa, why do you do this to me?? Now all I want to do is sell my Ethan on Craigslist and search day and night, once again for my dream French Sofa. It's like a disease! What do I do?! I am so torn.


ahhh..so beautiful...but I bet not as comfortable as my current couch
La Dolce Vita just had to throw this one in my face.  
Ugh I blame Rashida Jones and Domino for introducing us. All these years and I'm still in love!

THE ONE! In a perfect world, this couch would be mine. {this is the third time I've posted this pic btw}
I'm such a stalker!
pics via Domino Mag, la dolce vita, peppermint bliss


xoxo E

Labels:

10 Comments:

At May 6, 2011 at 4:29 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Oh I'm soooo with you- that last shot is one of my favourite ever rooms too. I think you need one!!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 5:26 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

I feel the same exact way. Except the worst part is, my boyfriend might murder be if I bought one, he HATES them.

 
At May 6, 2011 at 6:10 AM , Blogger carolyn said...

agreed! unfortunately i am in the same boat as alex--boyfriend is NOT a fan... apparently "comfort" and "practicality" matter. pff. i say bring on the pretty!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 7:12 AM , Blogger quintessence said...

Love all these fabulous rooms!! Not the most practical for my family but do love the look. And love the pairing of the lucite with the classic sofa - such a great combo!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 7:33 AM , Blogger The enchanted home said...

I share your love! Such a stylish look..... That second room really did it for me, something about that black does it for me every time! Each room you selected however was stunning!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 9:16 AM , OpenID vmacandcheese.com said...

I love these little sofas too...but like so many others, the bf is not as excited about this style. One of my faves is the little Sofia settee from Ballard. Have you seen it??? http://www.ballarddesigns.com/sofia-settee/13309

 
At May 6, 2011 at 1:01 PM , Blogger jonalynn said...

Rashida Jones' house in Domino will always have a special place in my design heart.

I'm glad you guys like my blog! I'm smitten with yours, too!

turn up the rad

 
At May 6, 2011 at 1:21 PM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

i totally support this obsession..so gorgeous! have a great weekend gals!

xo.ashley

 
At May 7, 2011 at 8:22 AM , Blogger CHIC . LITTLE . BLOG said...

I totally support the obsession - but since according to my beau, french sofas tend to be a bit more leggy and delicate and less "sinkable" and ripe for lounging watching tv, might i suggest a chaise at the foot of the bed? win-win ;)

 
At May 7, 2011 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Some Style... said...

tres jolie, i have to say! indeed, so lovely and romantic! xoxo

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home