This page has moved to a new address.

Wedding Wednesday... Carl & Karl

The Now: Wedding Wednesday... Carl & Karl

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wedding Wednesday... Carl & Karl

Happy Wedding Wednesday, everyone!!!

Do you ever have an idea that's so clear in your head, but you're just not quite sure how to articulate it to anyone else?  Well to be honest, that's how I've felt for a lot of the wedding planning process.  Aside from E, my mom and some close friends, it's really difficult for me to convey the look I'm going for - ESPECIALLY to vendors.

Lucky for me, my "issue" may have been solved.  After all, who needs to articulate their own wedding vision when Karl Lagerfeld can do it for you?  One of my MOH's was driving past the Chanel store in Dallas the other day, and had a realization.  She stopped and looked in the window display and there she saw my wedding before her eyes (except it was in the form of knit suits).  After I spoke with her, I immediately went online and looked up the Chanel Spring 2011 collection. Yep - this was it!  My color palette was now 100% confirmed, and I could much more easily plug these visuals into my storyboard.

There's no question about it... this wedding is being inspired by Carl (my wonderful fiance) & Karl (the fashion genius)!

The color palette...











Here's a final shot from the unbelievably gorgeous show...



There's nothing quite like pastels anchored with blacks and grays.  Yum!

Oh, and don't forget to scroll down and finish reading E's wrap up of the Met Gala... it's FAB-U-LOUS!

xoxo A

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At May 4, 2011 at 7:05 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

How perfect??? Pastels with grey and black is pretty much the most gorgeous color palate ever. And for karl to have read your mind and created this collection or you, so sweet :)

 
At May 4, 2011 at 7:11 AM , Blogger carolyn said...

oooooh i adore this. and that little splash of blue. perfection! can't wait to see it all unfold :)

xo

 
At May 4, 2011 at 7:15 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

You already know I think that palate is PERFECTION!!!

 
At May 4, 2011 at 7:20 AM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

ah SO fun! i love this!! that collection was divine and those powdery hues are perfect.

xo.ashley

 
At May 4, 2011 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Hannah {Culture Connoisseur} said...

I love black gray and white. Classic colors. Today I'm wearing gray slacks and a black sweater. See? I love them!

 
At May 4, 2011 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Emily said...

So gorgeous, Annie! I can't wait to see it all!

 
At May 4, 2011 at 8:19 AM , Blogger travelkate said...

You can't go wrong decorating your wedding with Chanel in mind! Such a pretty color palette! I love that your fiance and this fashion legend share the same name-it was meant to be!

 
At May 4, 2011 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Three Sisters said...

Annie, it's going to look fabulous! Can't wait for more!

 
At May 4, 2011 at 6:05 PM , Blogger CHIC . LITTLE . BLOG said...

Clearly Kaiser Karl is the perfect style nazi to clarify your wedding colors - sounds gorgeous. Love this quote from the esteemed Mr. Lagerfeld, which sort of applies to the zen mentality you have to have about wedding budgets, no matter how small or big - "If you throw money out of the window, throw it out with joy. Don't say 'one shouldn't do that' - that is bourgeois." He is so ridiclously great. Bisous.

 
At May 5, 2011 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Blue Fruit said...

Delighted to have stumbled across your rather pretty blog. Following now.

This colour palette is truly glamourous ~ hunked up with some heavy textures, it sounds quite divine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home