This page has moved to a new address.

What I'm Loving Right NOW...

The Now: What I'm Loving Right NOW...

Sunday, May 8, 2011

What I'm Loving Right NOW...

I was strolling through Neiman Marcus today and came across this head-turner of a tote.  Usually totes don't make me do a double-take, but there was something about the gorgeous contrast of the nude leather + silver hardware that just totally worked.  Plus, how cool are those vertical zippers?  They give an otherwise completely sophisticated tote a bit of an edge.

I was a little surprised to find out that the bag was by 3.1 Phillip Lim.  To be honest, while he's one of my favorite clothing designers, I've never given much thought to his handbag line.  (Did you know he even had one??? I'm not sure that I did???)

Anyway, I want to throw a question out to you guys... where would you see yourself carrying a structured bag like this?  The size is perfect for a small laptop, an iPad, and a few magazines; however, it doesn't have a shoulder strap.  That said, it seems to me like you wouldn't want to load it to the brim with REALLY heavy things.  While beautiful, is it impractical?  Be my voice of reason before I go splurge!






And for those of you who are ready to splurge, unfortunately I can't find the "Rose Tan" color (pictured above) online.  You can get the same bag in a deep green or black at Nordstrom's here.

xoxo A

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At May 8, 2011 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Sarah at Finishing Touch Interiors said...

I MUST have this bag i have some gorgeous nude shoes but have not found a bad to match...until now

 
At May 8, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

I think not having a shoulder strap would be bad news. I have one bag that is elbow only and whenever there's anything more than my wallet in it, it drives me nuts. I know this doesnt help, but its gorgeous!

 
At May 8, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

id use this for business meeting days. I had a lv document like tote I used only for interviews, then realized it was totaly unpractical for my everyday life and sold it on ebay and bought a chanel. lol. but this is fancy pants and I like it

 
At May 8, 2011 at 5:50 PM , Blogger M (at) Invoking Inspiration said...

I am definitely with you on this. The bag is a must have!

 
At May 9, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Bradley said...

Adore this tote. I have been eyeing it too. Go ahead and splurge.

 
At May 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM , Blogger MOD FOX STYLE said...

I have been obsessed with getting a nude bag for a while now and this would fit the bill perfectly. I usually go for a more slouchy boho type handbag but this would hold everything so perfectly! Keep us posted about your decision!!

A

 
At May 9, 2011 at 12:23 PM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

gorgeous! i didn't know he had a handbag either. love the look, but i need a shoulder strap!

xo.ashley

 
At May 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I think it's fabulous! A definitely must have :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home