This page has moved to a new address.

How to Decorate with Books

The Now: How to Decorate with Books

Thursday, June 30, 2011

How to Decorate with Books

I have been trying to re-decorate some areas in my house and I'm going crazy with the amount of books we have. It's like they are multiplying! While it's a little overwhelming to have more books than a Barnes and Noble (my husband's a reader and I'm a coffee table book collector), I definitely have enough to pull off some amazing Table Vignettes. Here are some pics that have motivated me to get to work!


Would love this whole vignette...sans framed insects!

A table in Jonathan Adler and Simon Doonan's home



Stacking is Rachel Zoe approved. Above pic is from her bedroom!

why hello lucite table, I love you and your books!







   
aha! I can just burn all the books! 
Obviously we don't have a coffee bar in our house but how cool are these lighting fixtures?? 

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At June 30, 2011 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

I love a lot of books, it makes a home feel so collected and pretty!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Sara Mueller said...

I am a fan of books also! These photos are inspiring!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 2:46 PM , Blogger MOD FOX STYLE said...

Holy cow that is a lot of books!! I thought I had a lot but I sure do not use them as much as i can. I just today did a table scape with some vintage books, only three but still pretty. Check it out on Living Laduree!

xoxo,

Amy

 
At June 30, 2011 at 3:53 PM , OpenID rocorennieblog.com said...

I love books and like you had tons - so I got my husband to build me a floor to ceiling bookcase!! And still they seem to breed and multiply x

 
At June 30, 2011 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

im always buying books. I need to stop!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 6:05 PM , Blogger Maija said...

Miss E...........love your book post - esp. the lucite table: what a gem of an idea!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 4:48 AM , Blogger Julie and Lauren said...

That first picture is my ideal aesthetic! Beautiful. Having a giveaway that I think you'll love! Lots of fun treats : )
Happy 4th!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 6:59 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

HA! This is so timely- my birthday is coming up and I sent hubs photos of books I wanted...he's like, you have a zillion books everywhere already but I don't give a flying squirrel...you can never have too many in my books- ha!!!! These are fabulous inspiration shots- I love love the lucite box with books inside- think I might need one of those! xo

 
At July 4, 2011 at 9:18 AM , Blogger linds.eliz said...

so excited to follow your blog! i especially love this post because tangible books are pretty amazing. and with all the technology these days, it's great to see books still have some sort of purpose :)

linds.eliz@ 413

 
At July 6, 2011 at 10:09 PM , Blogger Krystal Schlegel said...

I love stacking fashion books at my apartment and office! Great post!! xo

 
At July 7, 2011 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Lindsay said...

Love it, E. My books are my favorite decoration, although there is something to say for being able to grab one without having to topple the tower. For this reason, my vote is for the vertical shelving.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home