This page has moved to a new address.

Stylist Spotlight: Leith Clark

The Now: Stylist Spotlight: Leith Clark

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stylist Spotlight: Leith Clark

To me, THE most inspirational people in the world..fashion wise...are fashion stylists. I love them A. because they have my dream job B. I LOVE seeing where they came from and how they got to their position C. They have pretty badass taste C. Stylists help create models' and celebrities' images which, let's be honest, in their business, is highly important. I recently discovered Leith Clark and am truly inspired by her. She not only styles Keira Knightly, Kirsten Dunst and more, but she is the creator and editor in chief of Lula Magazine. Never heard of it? Well get to know it. It's amazing! Lula is described to be "the girl you have a crush on"and while I love the magazine, my true girl crush for the moment is on Leith herself. And quick sidenote: I'm totally copying her hair cut!!

Here is a quick rundown of how she got to be so awesome: Leith started interning for a Toronto magazine at 15, discovered Sassy Magazine {my lover Rachel Zoe worked there} and developed a major crush on their intern, one Chloe Sevigny. She went to journalism school, quit journalism school, moved to New York & interned for Interview Magazine. Soon she switched jobs and started working at Bazaar under Liz Tilberis {one of her idols}. Liz passed away and she soon after, moved to London to work for British Vogue. She became a freelance stylist, worked with Erin Fetherston, Poltock and Walsh and then voila...started Lula. What a dream life!!!
The Clients: Keira, Kirsten, Alexa, Michelle
Recent Editorial Work: Orla Kiely styling, Vogue Italia & Of course Lula Magazine 




xoxo E

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At June 23, 2011 at 6:08 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

Obsessed with this post. First of all, its gorgeous. Second of all you guys are getting so good at beautious powerpoint. so impressed

 
At June 23, 2011 at 6:22 AM , Blogger SomeKindOfStyle said...

one of my favorite Magazine's around! always such great and lovely editorials! xoxo

http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/

 
At June 23, 2011 at 11:23 AM , Blogger Vasu said...

love her styling....great work.....love it


http://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu

 
At June 23, 2011 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Annie Salem said...

E - I had never heard of Leith but she's pretty incredible! I'm always so amazed at how you find out about these people. I feel so mainstream compared to you! Great post! xo Annie

 
At June 23, 2011 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Julip Made said...

Awesome post! I love reading about how successful people (esp women) in the creative world got to where they are. Also love the layout of this post!

 
At June 23, 2011 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

love this! and um you make your boards in power point? I need to learn lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home