This page has moved to a new address.

Wedding Wednesday! Featuring Sue from The Zhush!

The Now: Wedding Wednesday! Featuring Sue from The Zhush!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wedding Wednesday! Featuring Sue from The Zhush!

Happy Wedding Wednesday, Friends!

I am THRILLED to be featuring one of my favorite bloggers on WW today... Sue from The Zhush.  For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of "Zhushing" up your life yet, you MUST visit this fabulous blog.  It's filled to the brim with interior design, art, fashion, and my favorite part - the "Random Chanel Item" series (reason ENOUGH to become a follower!).  And as if that wasn't enough, Sue recently launched her online shop, Zhush.com. You have to check it out! 

But before you do... read on to hear about sweet Sue's elegant wedding!




Hello! I'm Sue from The Zhush!  


Here today to talk about my wedding...which was shockingly enough...almost FIFTEEN years ago!  I actually had to double check that, because it just didn't seem right.

On the one hand it feels like only a few years ago...but then again, we have three children now, ages eleven to five, and life has changed A LOT since then.  Once I went back and looked at the photos for this post, it really did seem so long ago.  We were married before digital cameras and before the Internet really took off.  My photos, on film no less, had to be scanned in for this post.  Bear with me as all of the really great shots are bound up in a beautiful album and there was no way that I could scan those.

At any rate, we were married on September 28, 1996 at the Harvard Club, New York City.  This photo is of me getting ready at a room in the club. If my smile looks forced it's because it was.  I remember being beyond nervous, not so much about "getting married" but about hosting this huge Saturday night black tie event.  I had arranged for everything myself, (no wedding planner) and that morning all I could think about was the myriad of things that could possibly go wrong.  My poor friend and maid of honor took the picture and had to deal with my fits of anxiety that morning...she is still the best!


Stunning in her off-the-shoulder gown!

The next photo is our actual ceremony.  Once we turned around and faced all of our friends and family, I knew everything was going to be alright.  

WOW - that floral arch is incredible!  And I love the bows on Sue's dress!

To my great relief, I was actually able to enjoy our reception and dance and really just have a great time!  Here we are dancing our "first dance".  We had little disposable cameras on the tables for the guests to take photos with, most weddings at the time did.  I think this is one of those photos. Do people still do this now?

Sue looks so blissful!  And how elegant do the guests look in their black tie attire

Finally, I included a shot of the Harvard Club that I took off the website.  It's such a beautiful space, I thought it might be fun to share it.  I think my husband and I need to go back and celebrate our fifteen year anniversary this September!  

Oh . My . Goodness... I can't imagine a more stunning reception location! 

Thanks for having me over, I've had the best time reminiscing!



Sue - thanks for stopping by THE NOW and for sharing your beautiful wedding photos and memories.  It was so fun getting to peek into your life a little bit more!  You were a stunning bride, and it doesn't surprise me one bit that your wedding was a completely elegant and utterly fabulous event.  

xoxo A

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At June 8, 2011 at 4:06 AM , Blogger The enchanted home said...

Sue, you made a beautiful and elegant bride. We went a wedding a few years back at the Harvard Club and it is such an elegant and beautiful space. Your wedding looks like it was beautiful and you look sooo relaxed!! Wishing you many many more years of wedding bliss!

 
At June 8, 2011 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

Oh my goodness, your wedding was beyond beautiful Sue!!!! What a fun way to celebrate Wedding Wednesdays

 
At June 8, 2011 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Beautiful and timeless!!! I can't believe that was 15 years ago!!!

 
At June 8, 2011 at 11:18 AM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

so gorgeous!! what timeless elegance!

xo.ashley

 
At June 8, 2011 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Jessie said...

Sue, you are a gorgeous bride and the wedding is beautiful!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

 
At June 8, 2011 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Hamptontoes said...

First time visiting your blog, what a fun way to "meet!" I met Sue through blogging and we've become friends but I did not know about her wedding, so it was fun to read this post! She looked amazing then and still does today!

 
At June 8, 2011 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Lily said...

So gorgeous !! Love the dress and the pretty photos.

xxLily
goldandgray.com

 
At June 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

15 years and it is still classic and beautiful! I love seeing into other bloggers lives, great feature!

 
At June 9, 2011 at 4:07 AM , OpenID rocorennieblog.com said...

Oh my goodness this is the defination of timeless, elegant style. The whole event looks so beautiful and your dress is stunning. If in 12 years time I look back and my wedding still looked half as good as yours I would be thrilled. Testamony to your style - headin to your blog now xx

 
At June 9, 2011 at 5:58 AM , Blogger The Zhush said...

Thanks so much! Despite the fact that I feel terribly old right now, I had a lot of fun putting this piece together, and I really enjoyed reading all the comments!

 
At June 9, 2011 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

Sue, you look stunning and what a gorgeous venue! Janell

 
At June 9, 2011 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I just came over from Alex's place and then I find the fabulous Sue here, too! I was just so completely in love with your dream house that I had to come see the genius behind it (c: Looking forward to following more of your shenanigans...

 
At June 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM , Blogger Julip Made said...

Sue, what a beautiful bride you were and I can't believe you put the entire wedding together on your own!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home