This page has moved to a new address.

Celebrity Styling Series... With Victoria of vmac+cheese!

The Now: Celebrity Styling Series... With Victoria of vmac+cheese!

Friday, July 29, 2011

Celebrity Styling Series... With Victoria of vmac+cheese!

It's Friday, and time for our 3rd installment of our Celebrity Styling Series.  Today we are so proud to feature the creative talents of Victoria from vmac+cheese.  We adore Victoria and have had so much fun getting to know her over the past few months.  Her fabulous blog is filled with delicious food, gorgeous interiors, and more. 

We hope you enjoy her inspiring collaboration of fashion + interiors... all inspired by the fabulous Mary Kate Steinmiller.


Hi everyone! It's Victoria from vmac+cheese, and I'm so excited to be here today for Annie and Elizabeth's fabulous new series. A quick confession though: when I first got the gals' email asking me to participate, I got very nervous. There are so many women out there that I could list as a style icon, because they're so fearless and creative in how they dress. Which is awesome for fashion inspiration, but I wondered, how could I translate that into a room? Or come up with an outfit better (or even one-tenth as good) what they come up with by themselves, everyday?

So when I sat down to brainstorm which fashion plate I could use for my inspiration, I was really relieved when I came across a photograph of Mary Kate Steinmiller in my archives. If you're not familiar with MK (I wonder if people call her that? And if she hates it because when most people hear that nickname and think of a certain Olsen?), she is a fashion editor at Teen Vogue, and often photographed on sites like Garance Doré and The Sartorialist. But don't let that fool you -- there is something very accessible about her style. I love how she mixes and matches things, never looking like she tried too hard. In fact, she comes across as one of those girls who can just grab some stuff out of her closet, throw it together, and look 100% fabulous.

I also really like how her style is a great mix of preppy, feminine, masculine, boho and modern. Based on each outfit, I searched out different interiors that would perfectly match her outfit du jour. And now that I think about it, wouldn't it be fun to have a house with such a diverse collection of rooms?




{Image Credits: Photos of Mary Kate: 1 2 3 4 5 6  Photos of Interiors: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  P.S., interiors photos 5 and 6 are from a BANANAS SF interior designer named Jay Jeffers. If you haven't checked out his work, you need to go do it NOW!!}

Thanks so much to Annie and Elizabeth for having me!! This was a blast to put together.
xoxo,
Victoria

 

Thank YOU Victoria!  We loved having you on THE NOW!
xoxo E&A

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At July 29, 2011 at 5:56 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

Holy wow this is some gorgeous eye candy. How did I not know who this chick was before this? Shes fab! And the rooms Victoria chose are perfect!

 
At July 29, 2011 at 6:13 AM , Blogger Liz {Sequins And Stripes} said...

Love this entire roundup! So many wonderful images and pairings. Heading to vmax + cheese now!

 
At July 29, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

love love love this!!

 
At July 29, 2011 at 11:04 AM , Blogger dCc said...

LOVE this series! So fabulous - and MK is one of my favs!

xx

 
At July 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Julip Made said...

Wow Victoria what a great post and you paired the matching images so well. And yes the girl has style! Have a fantastic weekend ladies!

 
At July 31, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Julie and Lauren said...

Gorgeous. Think the first look is my fav. Love. Great post.

 
At August 2, 2011 at 4:27 PM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

This is such a fabulous post- Victoria's pairings are perfection!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home