This page has moved to a new address.

Going for the Gold

The Now: Going for the Gold

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Going for the Gold

By now, most of you are well aware that I have an obsession for all things glam. Whether it’s my for living room or my wardrobe, I’m always looking for new ways to introduce an element of glamour.

So what’s my latest  “gotta have it, can’t live without it” find? Gold flatware. There’s just something so fabulously unexpected about it that appeals to me.  Here are some gorgeous examples that inspired me to go for the gold.





  
Of course, I do believe one has to be a bit restrained when using gold (of any sort) in design.  One wrong turn and your tablescape will look like it’s from the set of a bad 80s soap opera.   BUT – when displayed with the right corresponding colors, gold flatware will most certainly give off a fabulous warm glow.

Get the look here…



Shop it here:  1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

xoxo A

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At July 14, 2011 at 5:46 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

Not only do I REALLY want to register for gold flatware, but I am also having it as part of my wedding table setting. Obsessed with it!!! Thanks for sharing all these gorgeous sets.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 6:33 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

I LOVE it too- I got a bamboo set off of eBay for a steal- worth a look:) These sets you found are all divine- love #2 most!!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 7:19 AM , Blogger Three Sisters said...

Love! Jackie literally traded in her traditional flatware for gold flatware after her wedding. Her china is gilded and the addition was just so glam!!! XO

 
At July 14, 2011 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Lily said...

I LOVE the gold flatware. I desperately want some ! I love number 2 but number 6 is such a great deal !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

 
At July 14, 2011 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Liz said...

I could not agree more! I found a 40 piece set on Etsy for $40!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 10:14 PM , Blogger Tamra {walkswithBella} said...

Completely agree, why did I not see this as an option when I had my registry?!?! I love my nambe flatware, but that gold is so glamourous!

 
At July 17, 2011 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Karlita said...

love the amazing gold ideas.. so stylish, glamorous and fun

 
At July 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM , Blogger carolyn said...

lovely, of course! and unexpected. i've totally forgotten that gold flatware even exists, and no idea why! thanks for putting it back on my radar lovelies :)

xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home