This page has moved to a new address.

On Trend... Black Leather Minis

The Now: On Trend... Black Leather Minis

Sunday, July 31, 2011

On Trend... Black Leather Minis

Leather minis are EVERYWHERE right now... and the celebrities aren't just saving them for fall.  Just when I was about to splurge for my new obsession, I came across an AMAZ Leifsdottir black leather mini during my bi-weekly TJ Maxx hunt.  I mean a $448 skirt for $127?  I'll take it.

Even if you can't find a bargain like mine, this trend is worth investing in.  After all, the mini can be paired with an oversized white T and flats for a casual summer look, or worn this fall with tights and booties.  And personally, I'm most excited about pairing my skirt with a silk button down for a more subdued look... Oh, and with an oversized chunky sweater for fall... and tights and a blazer for winter... you get the point!

Here's some inspiration...





What do you think about leather minis?  Is it something you'd save for fall, or would you pull it out early for summer?

xoxo A

celebrity images via popsugar.com, usmagazine.com, collegefashion.net

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At August 1, 2011 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

Amazing find!! I actually like yours the best out of all of them! With the 100 degree temps, and 100% humidity here, the thought of leather is a little scary. But I love the idea for fall!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 5:53 AM , Blogger Tamra {walkswithBella} said...

I'm with Alex, I like your find out of all of them! Those scalloped edges add a soft touch to an edgy piece. x

 
At August 1, 2011 at 6:27 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Love them too- I actually have an old black leather knee length skirt that I'm seriously considering cutting off- you kind of just convinced me with this fabulous post!!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 8:10 AM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

LOVE the skirt you found! that lace-like detailing is gorgeous! i have a little black leather number with stud details that i def need to pull out of the closet.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 10:26 AM , OpenID vmacandcheese.com said...

Girllll...you are going to kill it in that skirt! I absolutely love it. And I agree, your find is the best out of all of them! Something about the feminine scalloped detail with the leather...it's amazeballs.

 
At August 1, 2011 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Liz {Sequins And Stripes} said...

Totally agree! Love the laser detail,fabulous and chic!

 
At August 1, 2011 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Three Sisters said...

Awesome find and awesome post! Personally, I have short leather shorts on my fall wish list! Blogged about it a few weeks back. I am in love with this look and can't wait to watch it take over in the fall!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home