This page has moved to a new address.

Enamored with Etageres

The Now: Enamored with Etageres

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Enamored with Etageres

Annie and I both watched Secrets From A Stylist on HGTV on Saturday night and we were both OBSESSED with the episode. For those of you who have never seen the show, here is a brief summary: homeowners seek out designer, Emily Henderson, to help layer their different styles into cohesive, tailor made rooms. I personally have a very difficult time finding a way to layer every style I love into one room without looking like a bipolar crazy woman. Anyway...the episode on Saturday was about mixing "70's funky elegance" into a lving room for two sisters. Those three words pretty much contradict each other, but Emily made.it.work!!! The room was gorgeous and what really caught my eye was this GORGEOUS, gold etagere that was placed behind the pink sofa. Since watching that episode, I have decided I need some of these glam shelves in my life!





So I could take a large shelf and place it behind my couch as Emily did on the episode. I really would like to move the blue chest anyway as I think it is way too small for that wall....



 Or I could place two skinnier shelves on either side of my blue couch and use them sort of like end tables. The couch arms are so high that side tables aren't useful anyway...

My Inspiration...
Gorgeous!!





Any thoughts, advice????

xoxo E





images via Style by Emily Henderson and decorpad

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At August 4, 2011 at 7:09 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

I like the idea of it behind your sofa. I have been looking for a brass etagere forever!!!! Let me know if you find a good one!

 
At August 4, 2011 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Liz {Sequins And Stripes} said...

Seriously gorgeous. This would be a fantastic find, and I agree with Alex - behind your sofa for sure!

 
At August 4, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Lily said...

Love the idea of behind the sofa as well ! I am in love with the etagere from the show...please share if you find one !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

 
At August 4, 2011 at 10:05 AM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

i need to see this show..thanks for the rec! either would look great, but i love the shelf behind the couch!
xo

 
At August 4, 2011 at 10:23 AM , OpenID vmacandcheese.com said...

Totally digging etageres. I kind of like the symmetrical option, flanking the couch, but honestly, I don't think you can go wrong either way!

 
At August 4, 2011 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Julip Made said...

I agree with Victoria, you really can't go wrong with either placement when you have a beautiful gold etagere. I'm also so impressed with how well Emily captured 70's, funky, and elegant in one room and make it look good too!

 
At August 4, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger The enchanted home said...

Love the idea for behind the soft, a pair flanking either end of the sofa, if you do one behind the sofa, the scale has to be spot on. Love the idea and love all the possibilities of arranging things behind it!

 
At August 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM , Blogger Haley said...

Gah! I saw a unit similar to that one on Craiglist and now it's gone. I think it would be great behind your sofa.

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie
www.cardiganjunkie.com

 
At August 4, 2011 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

man I LOVE your home!

 
At August 8, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Blogger The Now said...

Aww!! Thanks Danielle!! Xoxo

 
At September 20, 2011 at 10:13 AM , OpenID traladeda said...

Where did you find your inspiration photo. I LOVE pretty much everything about that living room and would love to source products.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home