This page has moved to a new address.

Tuesday Shoesday

The Now: Tuesday Shoesday

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday Shoesday

Today, we are going to talk about a few very controversial shoes: The Miu Miu Glitter Ankle Boots. Now, I am still not sure how I feel about them, but they are starting to grow on me so I thought I would open the topic for discussion. I have developed a few arguments in favor of these shoes, but I would love everyone's opinions so here we go. Are these a hit or a miss?



A| available in mint and pink at My Theresa and Net-a-Porter B| available at Saks C| also available at Saks

  • Exhibit A: Here we can see the pair on fashion goddess, Anna Dello Russo, and I have to say that they look even better on. I think the mint colored ones are a pretty alternative to the black. 
  • Exhibit B: Here is a more conservative style with a closed toe and suede bow. This one isn't bad at all. It's still for the adventurous, but doesn't scream, "look at me". 
  • Exhibit C: A variation of B, but with an open toe in my favorite color combo as of late, gold and pink. 


xoxo e

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At August 30, 2011 at 7:33 AM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

they're AMAZING. lovelove the pink and gold!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

I'm with you, I feel very mixed. I want to love them because they are so glittery and fun. But... theres something costumey about me.

 
At August 30, 2011 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Ana Liza said...

Second the love for the pink and gold variety. I am usually not a fan of the "shoe on a sock" shoe, but in the case of a pretty and sparkly 'sock' I am all about it!!! I love these! Picture with black long skinnies and a black v neck long tee. Or dress it up with an LBD. So much fun.

 
At August 30, 2011 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Lara {simply irresistible} said...

This shoes are great, but I feel like they are a littttle much, if that's possible!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 8:58 AM , OpenID vmacandcheese.com said...

I'm mixed. On the one hand, I totally appreciate the concept and the artistry. But in practice, they seem kind of clunky and overdone to me. If I'm going to go with a glittery shoe, I like the idea of pumps better (I cannot BELIEVE these are DIY, and that the blogger found a pair of Chrissy Lou's for five freaking dollars): http://theglitterguide.com/2011/08/24/diy-glitter-pumps/

 
At August 30, 2011 at 3:18 PM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

I don't love them in the black...they just look sort of vampy or something. BUT...I do quite adore the mint and pink varieties...much softer.

 
At August 30, 2011 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Amy Moore said...

No.You.Didn't. I am flipping nuts for the gold and pink pair...did I see these on Sea of Shoes {duh probably}. Anyway, too spendy for my blood. Maybe the Steve Madden knock offs will be in my future! Thanks for the shoe lust ladies!

Amy

 
At September 6, 2011 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Sea Elise said...

GORGEOUS!!! love love love these. great post!

Elise
http://sea-elise.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home