This page has moved to a new address.

Wedding Wednesday - My Shower Hostess Gifts

The Now: Wedding Wednesday - My Shower Hostess Gifts

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wedding Wednesday - My Shower Hostess Gifts

Happy Wedding Wednesday!

Most of you regulars probably remember the Wedding Wednesday: Hostess Gift Edition feature I did a few months back.  Each guest blogger provided fabulous inspiration, and let's just say that I won't be running out of hostess gift ideas anytime soon!

Well, when it came time to find a gift for my 7 sweet bridal shower hostesses, I actually came up with my own idea and would love to share it with you.  We Dallasites are lucky enough to have a Wisteria Outlet, and they have the most incredible jute shoppers.  They come in every color, and numerous sizes. And best of all, they're only $18 each.  The only problem is that they have a pretty ugly "Wisteria" leather patch smack dab on the front of them... not exactly hostess gift material.  Well the sweet ladies at Wisteria were kind enough to allow me to perform surgery on a sample tote to see if the label would come off smoothly.  That it did, and I took the totes to an embroidery store to have each girl's monogram placed on the front.  I think my friends loved them, and best of all, they only cost about $25 each.

You can get the bags online here if you're interested!



xoxo A

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At August 17, 2011 at 7:16 AM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

what a fab idea! love this!! i've been pouring over ideas for hostess/bridesmaid gifts to no avail!

xo

 
At August 17, 2011 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Liz {Sequins And Stripes} said...

Love this idea! Who doesn't love a monogramed tote? I know I do! Such cute colors, too.

 
At August 17, 2011 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Maija said...

so so so cute!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 10:01 AM , Blogger Viviana said...

these are so cute!! i recently had to buy 11 hostess gifts for my shower ladies and ended up getting personalized paperweights from etsy.

fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

 
At August 17, 2011 at 11:07 AM , OpenID vmacandcheese.com said...

This is such a great idea! I can also see this being perfect as a little favor for the wedding party, stuffed with goodies. Maybe with the date and location or a phrase embroidered...something that's meaningful but not TOO sentimental to have on a tote bag!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Tamra {walkswithBella} said...

Fabulous gift! A girl can never have too many totes and my favorite are the personalized ones that remind me of something special like a friends shower. :)

 
At August 18, 2011 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Things That Sparkle said...

Such a great present, I love this idea!! Anything with a monogram

 
At August 18, 2011 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Amy Moore said...

I am loving this! Of course you came up with your own gift...you are a clever clever girl. Happy to see all the progress on your wedding!!

xoxo,

Amy

 
At August 18, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Haley said...

Ahh, I have one of these sitting at my feet right now! ($5 at the warehouse sale - I went a little crazy) I'm taking it home to remove the patch tonight - I hate it. Now I shall pick out monogram fonts. :)

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie

 
At August 20, 2011 at 7:40 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

So so clever- I can see what you're bridesmaid's loved them- such a thoughtful gift!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home