This page has moved to a new address.

Celebrity Dress Up with Amy from Living Laduree

The Now: Celebrity Dress Up with Amy from Living Laduree

Friday, November 11, 2011

Celebrity Dress Up with Amy from Living Laduree

Happy Friday everybody!!! We are so excited that our blog friend, Amy agreed to stop by and play dress up with us for this week's guest post. Amy is one of our OG blog friends and it was about this time last year when we "met" her through Living Laduree. Since meeting Amy, her blog has multiplied and she now has two others for her vintage prop rental businesses, Feather and Flea Vintage Rentals and Mod Fox Style. She is one busy lady and really outdid herself for this post which is why we appreciate her stopping by The NOW so much!! So without further ado, here is Amy!!!


Thank you Annie and Elizabeth for having me on your celebrity styling series. I love fashion but have found that being a mom of three and living in a rural community keeps me from wearing the DVF suits and Jimmy Choo's of my career days in my twenties. I have still managed to create a stylish life for myself and find that I gravitate more towards an approachable celebrity look. I don't live in New York or LA or anywhere remotely fashion forward or "uptown". I live in a mid size city in the mountains of Oregon. I wanted to highlight a "celebrity{s}" who I could most relate to. I chose the Picker Sisters. Tanya and Tracy are funny, down to earth, both mama's and have great style in everything they do. I created an outfit inspired by them and designed a room around them as well. Hope you like!



For Picker Sisters Style I choose the quintessential go to stylish but casual leather leggings. For comfort and warmth an oversized sweater. I think it's all about the accessories for these two. Great boots, scarves and jewelry are where it's at. The necklace is ironic and can actually serve a purpose while the sisters are out pickin! 


For their room inspiration I thought about the pieces that they create on their show. One of a kind with an earthy and repurposed feel. I felt like they would probably never have an original painting in a space, but a found object that speaks to them and has a history. I grounded the room with a brightly colored rug and tufted grey sofa. The coffee table has an industrial feel and the chair is a proper french style paired with a modest burlap. Again, the accessories are an important element in the space. A Hudson blanket speaks to the past while the character pillows have a sense of humor. 

sources: rugcoffee tablesofa, pillowsblanket, image of chair via pinterest, signs


 xoxo e&a

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At November 11, 2011 at 7:24 AM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

i need that sofa immediately!! omg it's perfect.

 
At November 11, 2011 at 9:59 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

LOVE what Amy put together, who she chose and how she turned people into their perfect room- awesome!!

 
At November 11, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Lily said...

So cute !! LOVE the outfit and the room.

xxLily
goldandgray.com

 
At November 11, 2011 at 10:42 PM , Blogger Gameday Stylist said...

Love that grey sofa!

- Sara @ Gameday Stylist
www.gamedaystylist.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home