This page has moved to a new address.

Additions To the House!

The Now: Additions To the House!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Additions To the House!

Our new table!!! 

Yesss..it has a drawer!

Need to work on my tablescaping skills obvi!


I found this antique french, tiger oak farmhouse table at the most amazing consignment store (Dallas peeps, YOU MUST GO THERE),  Area 25 and it was love at first sight! It is the perfect size for the area, but there are a few changes I must make....

Lighting:
What is really annoying is that the person we bought our house from put the above light fixture in the most random place and it is not centered in the room. UGHHH! Once I find a chandelier, I will have to have the electrician center the fixture and then have someone patch up the ceiling where this one is.
Chairs:
Although I love these chairs, I may move them back to our breakfast nook and replace them with white Panton chairs.
Wall Accessories:
I am thinking a large mirror?? I don't know...

So many decisions and I would appreciate any thoughts that you might have!!!

In addition to the table, I also bought this amazing abstract print by Nancy Ramirez from Cozamia to put above our light blue couch. I showed it to Annie and she said she almost bought the same one...Great minds think alike.

New Art:

Lucid Surf by Nancy Ramirez
The Chalkboard Wall:

There hasn't been much of a change here but I did add a couple of drawings!


I wish I could just draw like that, but I used this mirror to
trace the "art" onto the walls
I'm having a shower at the house this weekend so hopefully friends can add some graffiti to the walls!

More to come!!!

xoxo e

10 Comments:

At January 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM , Blogger JanisW said...

Love it! Matt can keep his ketchup and mayonaise in the drawer! :)

 
At January 19, 2012 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Julia - the Urban Slant said...

Love the new table! I need to spruce up my tablescaping too -- right now it just collects knick knacks - not okay!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Daily Cup of Couture said...

looks fab!!! great job! xx

 
At January 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Oh my gee....the table is FABULOUS!!! I also adore the chairs but also think pantons would be fabulous...and the hutch- my gawd it's gorgeous. Love, love, love it all!!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

That new art is amazing! Love the table. I'm envious!!!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

how did you find the chalkboard stuff? I am going to try it on a bulletin board gone bad....

 
At January 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

LOVE your new table! so gorgeous! and the artwork will be such a fab addition! xo

 
At January 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM , Blogger Lily said...

How exciting !! Looks great !

xxLily
goldandgray.com

 
At January 20, 2012 at 6:48 AM , Blogger The Now said...

Danielle, I bought the chalkboard paint at Home Depot and had my painter do it. It would not have been pretty if I attempted painting that!!

 
At January 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Sara Mueller said...

Love your new table!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home