This page has moved to a new address.

Breakfast Nook Makeover

The Now: Breakfast Nook Makeover

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Breakfast Nook Makeover


We interrupt our normal Tuesday Shoesday to bring you this important message. I have taken the plunge and painted my breakfast nook in chalkboard paint! haha! I'm sure everyone is dying over this. Anyway, I have about 20 projects going on in the house right now, but I thought it would be fun to show you the breakfast area thus far!!!

These chairs are headed to the dining room for now
and I need a new light fixture for here...

1st coat of chalkboard paint on,
2nd coat will be done today!

So the Tulip chairs are going to the "dining room" and I've put two gorgeous B&W chairs in their place. I will need to find 2 more chairs for the breakfast nook eventually. Now I am brainstorming on light fixtures and I am really loving this Pelle Bubble Chandelier, but I could use any of y'all's advice on the lighting situation!!!

Back to the walls...Unfortunately you can't draw on the walls for four days after the last coat but I'm already brainstorming on what we will do first.....

Maybe a fun mural.....

Cute Messages and drawings...
Bianca Colgin's home via dallasmorningnews 
via urbanist
graffiti'd messages....
via cabbageroseblog 
 DIY wallpaper??
via renest
Some hand drawn frames..
via apartmenttherapy
Anyway, as always, I'd love feedback on chair choices, lighting fixture ideas and fun things to draw on my new chalkboard walls!!


xoxo e

15 Comments:

At January 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Daily Cup of Couture said...

love this!!! looks great! xx

 
At January 10, 2012 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Julia - the Urban Slant said...

First, I LOVE chalkboard walls -- dying to do one. And I hope you keep those tulip chairs -- they are phenom.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Lily said...

How cool !!! Love the idea of DIY wallpaper !

xxLily
goldandgray.com

 
At January 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Jessie said...

This is such a cute idea. I love the chairs!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 9:51 AM , Blogger red bird said...

Love, love, love!!! And because I am obsessed with brass lighting, here is my suggestion:
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=23603251&color=027&itemdescription=true&navAction=jump&search=true&isProduct=true&parentid=A_FURN_LIGHTING...that brass pendant is the shiz...Good luck!:)

 
At January 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM , Blogger carolyn said...

i love this! i actually started chalkboard cabinets in my studio this weekend for to-do lists and reminders. (the 4 day wait is driving me CRAZY). i love all of these ideas, especially the hand drawn frames.

keep us posted on what you end up doodling!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Amy Moore said...

Shut the friggin front door...LOVE it!!!

A

 
At January 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM , Blogger LR {SIX TWELVE PLACE} said...

SO fun! Would love to see after photos of the chalkboard walls once you draw on them!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM , Blogger The Now said...

Thanks for the comments!!! Shannon, the brass fixture from Urban is such a good idea!! I may just have to get it! xox e

 
At January 10, 2012 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I absolutely love the way this looks! So dramatic. I love the idea of having friends or family sign it when they come over!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Pohl said...

I can't wait to play on this when I come over!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

so cute!! i love the chalk frame! super cute and neat.
xo

 
At January 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Heather Wiese-Alexander said...

I never get tired of seeing a kitchen full of chalk. love your blog!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 8:18 AM , Blogger shannon said...

Oh! That brass pendant would be uh-maze-ing! Keep us posted!!:)
Shannon

 
At January 11, 2012 at 1:50 PM , Blogger alyssa said...

if only i didnt hate the sound of chalk on boards! i love the spice rack idea, so lovely!

xx
alyssa
http://wereaucourant.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home