This page has moved to a new address.

Celebrity Styling Series With Carissa of The Fabulous Design File

The Now: Celebrity Styling Series With Carissa of The Fabulous Design File

Friday, January 13, 2012

Celebrity Styling Series With Carissa of The Fabulous Design File

We got a little off track with our guest post series, but we are back with Carissa Erickson from The Fabulous Design File! We have been fans of Carissa's blog for quite some time and are so happy to have her over at The NOW! From her fun and creative DIY ideas to her home decor projects to her posts about her two boys who, as she puts it,  "enjoy coloring on walls and lawn mowing the area rug with scissors", The Fabulous Design File is full of inspiration and entertainment. If you have not visited her blog, get over there NOW!!! We want to say a big, "THANK YOU" to Carissa for being a part of our series!!! NOW let's get to it...


First of all, thank you to Elizabeth and Annie for inviting me to participate in this fabulous series!  I was delighted to be able to create a room inspired by my current favourite celeb, Zooey Deschanel!  I mean, seriously, she is super funny and uber talented, not to mention totally adorable.  The eyes?  The hair?  Amazing.  And New Girl is the best show on tv right now.  No question.


images
I love that Zooeyís style is feminine, but with vintage flare.  I was inspired by this particular outfit from the ìBellsî episode of New Girl:

image
Here is how it translated into decor: 


Zooey has the bluest eyes ever, so I decided to go with a deep blue paint color (Benjamin Moore Patriot Blue).  I knew right away that the Anthropologie curtains were perfection.  Then I chose the girly blue Urban Outfitters settee, with one vintage looking floral pillow and one polka-dot pillow.  The art is an eclectic mix mostly from etsy sellers (clockwise from top left): trees, bike, flowers, lights, home.  I finished the room off with a vintage-inspired Urban Outfitters lamp.  Voila it's JESS!!!

Thanks again for having me over today, girls!  It was super fun putting this room together!

4 Comments:

At January 13, 2012 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Annie said...

That is the CUTEST room, and so very Zooey! I feel like you should do set design for The New Girl!

 
At January 13, 2012 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Elizabeth Pohl said...

Oh I just LOVE Miss Deschanel. And I could totally see her living in this room. So I can seriously find that settee at Urban Outfitters?! Who knew!

 
At January 14, 2012 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Kendall said...

Very nice job! Love her style.

 
At January 15, 2012 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Haley said...

I love how Zooey wears black tights so much more chicly than everyone else, and I think the combination of paint/prints in that room is spot on. Great post!

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home