This page has moved to a new address.

Celebrity Styling Series: Carolyn of Tilly Maison!

The Now: Celebrity Styling Series: Carolyn of Tilly Maison!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Celebrity Styling Series: Carolyn of Tilly Maison!

Happy Friday, Loves!

We are THRILLED to have one of our original blog friends guest posting today... the one and only Carolyn of tilly | maison!  I know for a fact that you all know and love her by now, as she's famous for her fabulous lucite trays and (our new favorite) dip-dyed mugs. Not to mention, her blog is full of amazing inspriation!  Thanks for joining us, Carolyn!


Hello friends! Carolyn here from tilly | maison!

First I want to thank A & E for inviting me over to participate in their wonderfully fun Celebrity Style series. I had such a hard time narrowing my choices, but in the end I decided to take inspiration from the Oscar nominations this week and base my design on the adorable contender for Best Actress, Michelle Williams and her equally adorable red carpet style (p.s. have any of you seen My Week with Marilyn? I haven't yet, dying to!).
Looking through Michelle's various red carpet looks, it quickly becomes obvious that the girl l-o-v-e-s neutrals. But she always chooses her whites, creams and golds in the most beautiful textures—never boring:
At the same time, it is very clear that this is a lady not afraid of color:


My interpretation is a living room that is full of neutrals, lots of textures, tailored and sophisticated, yet young and fun—and of course a pop of cheery color for good measure.

What do you think? Do you want to curl up in that beanbag as badly as I do? Thanks so much again for having me A & E!

xoxo Carolyn
wallpaper | gold side table | curtains | photo | beanbagchair  | sofa  | wool pillow | rug | stump side table

8 Comments:

At January 27, 2012 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Daily Cup of Couture said...

fabulous series! love this post! I just saw My Week with Marilyn last week and I am loving Michelle Williams! xx

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Oh my goodness. This room is absolutely fabulous. I want to move in now.

 
At January 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Audrey Soria said...

its gorgeous! I absolutely love those fabulous goldenrod colored draperies! Sophisticated and simply chic! :)

www.dwellinbeauty.blogspot.com

 
At January 27, 2012 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Alexa said...

I love Michelle...she has a look of classiness and cuteness!

 
At January 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM , Blogger The Now said...

Carolyn, you are amazing!! I wish I could have everything in this room!!! Thanks for the introduction to Carolyn Taut. Her pillows are really cool!!! Thanks again for being a part of our series!! xoxo Elizabeth

 
At January 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM , Blogger carolyn said...

thanks for the lovely comments, ladies! and thanks elizabeth for having me--so fun!xoxo

 
At January 28, 2012 at 3:27 PM , Blogger Julia - the Urban Slant said...

Love this room carolyn! It is so perfect. I've been drooling over that coffee table for some time now, and It is just so perfect. I also can't get enough of the last look of MIchelle in that mustardy dress. Unreal. Gorgeous.

 
At January 31, 2012 at 11:52 AM , Blogger Courtney Lane - Blog said...

Love how she made a room based on the outfit! That room is so airy and pretty.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home