This page has moved to a new address.

Celebrity Styling Series with Mackenzie from Design Darling

The Now: Celebrity Styling Series with Mackenzie from Design Darling

Friday, January 20, 2012

Celebrity Styling Series with Mackenzie from Design Darling

We couldn't be more excited to have our blog friend,  Mackenzie Horan from Design Darling, guest post today. If you haven't been to Design Darling, where have you been? haha..but seriously. She is one  super stylish, not to mention talented and accomplished lady! She has interned at Jonathan Adler, was an editorial intern AND had published work for Rue Magazine and is about to open her first boutique {launching in March}!!! Mackenzie has so much going on and we are so happy and grateful she had time to head on over here and give us her picks for our girl crush, Emma Stone! 





Hi there! I'm Mackenzie from Design Darling and I'm thrilled to be doing a little celeb styling on The Now today! I have a major style crush on fellow redhead Emma Stone. She's absolutely hysterical, she's made out with Ryan Gosling, and she has killer style to boot? Sounds like somebody's living my dream life... ;)

I love that she dares to wear bright colors that I rarely do. You'll usually find me in gray or navy blue but Emma proves that it's possible to rock red as a redhead! I love the pink and red color-blocking in these two looks and I can't wait to recreate it in time for parties this spring and summer. 
That said, she definitely knows when it's best to stick to classic colors and a bold red lip. I love her ladylike lace number and tried to recreate it with this fun little black dress and cutout pumps. What do you think — do you love her style as much as I do?!
 - - -
Thanks so much to Annie and Elizabeth for having me! xx

11 Comments:

At January 20, 2012 at 6:53 AM , Blogger Julia - the Urban Slant said...

Love her! It's so fun to see a celebrity make a transition (think super bad) from okay to seriously glamorous.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 6:55 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Love what Mackenzie has put together and can not WAIT to see her shop opening soon!!!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Mackenzie {Design Darling} said...

Thanks so much for having me, girls!!! xx

 
At January 20, 2012 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Emily Wells said...

i as well have a serious girl crush on emma stone. love it!

xo
Emily
www.v-salt.com

 
At January 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Love these outfits. I have been watching that black dress forever. Love it.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 8:27 AM , Blogger Taylor said...

I absolutely adore that Naven dress!!! Loving the bright colors everywhere lately!
http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At January 20, 2012 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Alexa said...

Love Emma's look. Those colors are so in now!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Carly {a simple affair} said...

Love MacKenzie, love Emma! I really need to get more bold, colorful pieces ASAP. I'm much more of the classic black dress + bold lipstick type of girl.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

Pink and red is perfect forever, my most favorite combo ever. And I ADORE Miss Emma Stone...she is quickly reaching Kate Winslet levels of can-do-no-wrongness.

 
At January 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM , Blogger Nuha said...

she has such great taste in fashion..love that she's a red head!! and good luck to Mackenzie on her upcoming boutique!

 
At January 24, 2012 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Gameday Stylist said...

So fun! Love these looks - especially the pink & orange.

- Sara @ Gameday Stylist

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home