This page has moved to a new address.

Dining Room Decisions

The Now: Dining Room Decisions

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dining Room Decisions

This is it people. It is time to get my dining room furnished! I attempted it once and bought this china cabinet, but then put off getting anything else and that poor cabinet has sat by itself for A YEAR!! There are many reasons I have put off decorating my dining room. 1. I didn't want to waste the money on a dining room table when we just eat our dinner on the couch in front of the TV(embarrassing I know). 2. My style changes all of the time and I would HATE to invest in a table and then not like it 3 months down the road...yes it changes that quickly. 3. I like so many different styles that I get really confused!  I want the room to look eclectic without making me look like a crazy person!! 4. There is no separation between the formal living room and the dining room so the looks need to mesh well together. Oh the stress! I attempted to decorate it once by buying a china cabinet, but the poor thing has sat there all alone for OVER A YEAR!!! I am having a mental breakdown just thinking about this.

Over my Christmas break, I decided that I need to break this problem down and figure out what pieces I like the best. After bookmarking images in my old Domino magazines and finding my favorite dining rooms on Pinterest, I have decided on how I must approach this problem... I must buy a rustic farmhouse dining table!! Every single one of my inspirational photos (including my all time favorite: Jenna Lyons'  dining room) has one. I have loved this look for years and didn't even realize that that is what I have to buy! AND each farmhouse table is combined with mod-ish dining chairs. Eureka!

My Inspirations:

The most realistic look:A pine farmhouse table with Panton chairs..
Very similar  shape to my dream table without the silver finish.

Love the juxtaposition of the vintage table with the chrome chairs and the  insanely gorgeous crystal chandelier!
 Jenna Lyons' dining room via Forbes
Farmhouse table with recovered tulip chairs..so cute!!

I checked my inventory and as luck would have it, I already own 4 tulip chairs. What do you know! Eventually I want to get the Pantone chairs but for right now, I am going to use the tulip chairs. 

So the next step is to find that table!!! 


 Maybe too light for me? via etsy
Too narrow? via etsy
Just right? via etsy

Oy!! This is going to be tough, but I will get this done!! Anyone have thoughts, tips, advice????


xoxo e

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At January 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Haley said...

Go to the Wisteria Outlet on Mockingbird! I saw a similar table there a few weeks ago, and the ladies are super nice and will take your information and call you if they get another one in stock. Good luck!

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie

 
At January 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Jessie said...

I love the darker wood. I do not know how good your local Craigslist is I feel like you could find a steal.

 
At January 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Amanda Hill said...

Love the dark wood...keep on craiglist!

 
At January 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM , Blogger travelkate said...

I love the juxtaposition of the rustic table with modern chairs...those tulip chairs are my favorite...can't wait to see how it turns out!

 
At January 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Pohl said...

I love the last one! You could make it more ecclectic by putting a colorful oversized glossy vase in the middle. Can't wait to see what you choose!

 
At January 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Pohl said...

*eclectic

 
At January 5, 2012 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Lilly said...

Kristen at GypsySoulInteriors.com is great for hunting for specific antique items. You can text her or email her your "wishlist" items and then she will sell them to you as she finds them! She is an interior designer so she won't find you anything that would not be perfect for your apartment. Happy hunting!

Lilly
pancakesandbeetjuice.blogspot.com

 
At January 6, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Blogger The Now said...

Thanks everyone! Lily, great idea about emailing Kristen! I'm on it!

 
At January 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM , Blogger L.A. in the bay said...

I love that first one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home