This page has moved to a new address.

A Look Inside DVF's Penthouse

The Now: A Look Inside DVF's Penthouse

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Look Inside DVF's Penthouse

When Diane bought the 35,000 square foot building in the Meatpacking District, the neighborhood was considered seedy and undesirable. " Everybody said that I was crazy—that it was full of drag queens, that it smelled awful because of all the butchers",  DVF told Architectural Digest. What an investment considering it is one of the most desirable areas in New York today!

While I absolutely LOVE the architecture inside and out and do appreciate the furniture, accessories and art, I am not in love with the way the apartment was styled. The magazine describes the space as “an edgy, effervescent quarter exuding equal parts glamour and grit.”  Now, I am by no means an interior design genius & I will never have a home as insane as this so I really have no room to critique, but I am not 100% head over heels for the decor. I guess if we all had the same style, life would be pretty boring. I digress. Here it is:

The Exterior:
The apartment is on the top floor of a six story building which also houses a DVF flagship boutique & design studio

 The Penthouse was designed by famed architecture firm, WORKac.  Could you imagine living here??? 

The Interior:

The designer sitting underneath one very large portrait of herself
  OBSESSED with these Franz West chairs that sit around an Emile-Jaques Ruhlmann table. Family photos and artwork surround the part time work area/part time dining room.
Such a gorgeous room with enormous windows and of course a portrait by one Andy Warhol
A bamboo and linen tent made by Lilou Marquardt (Coco Chanel's last assistant), was used to cover the bed (with all those windows up above, I can see why it would be nice for a little privacy)
The master bath has a freestanding teak bathtub and the screens, again, provide privacy
So, what do you think?? 


In other exciting DVF news

Have you seen that DVF for Gap Kids is hitting stores March 15???

So cute!!! Must stalk The Gap for my nieces!! 



images via architectural digest/ photographed by Francois Halard and racked

xoxo e

8 Comments:

At February 22, 2012 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Jessie said...

I love that leopard rug! It looks like it takes over the entire apartment.

 
At February 22, 2012 at 7:18 AM , Blogger carolyn said...

i'm with you--not 100% my style, kind of 70's safari happening here, right? but i do love some of the pieces on their own. thanks for sharing!!
xoxo

 
At February 22, 2012 at 8:08 AM , Blogger Lilly said...

I have a more bohemian aesthetic so I personally love it, especially how the organic shapes are stlyed next to structured book cases and furniture to ground it out a little. It definitely juxtaposes against all of the polished and bright Hollywood regency that is so popular right now. Maybe I love it becuase of how refreshing and against trend it is.

Lilly
pancakesandbeetjuice.blogspot.com

 
At February 22, 2012 at 12:03 PM , Blogger Ashleigh said...

Oh, how I love that big open dining room!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM , Blogger Mandy said...

Amazing!!! I'm not really digging all the decorative accents in the home, but the layout and architecture are beyond awesome. I love the rooftop patio are, but the huge portrait of herself freaks me out a little :)

Mandy
Kini Style & The Klury Report

 
At February 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Taylor said...

I don't know what you mean about not being head over heels for the decor.... I have always wanted a picture of me the size of my living room wall :) What?! I agree - not my taste. Designer I am not. I do love everything she makes clothing wise though!!
itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At February 22, 2012 at 7:38 PM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

holy! that penthouse is amazing. a little too eclectic for my tastes but the architecture alone is stunning! and so excited for her kids line!

 
At February 22, 2012 at 11:43 PM , Blogger Tamra {ever swoon} said...

OMG.. seriously!! I didn't realize her apt was in that same building. AND HELLO DREAM BEDROOM.

drooolllling....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home