This page has moved to a new address.

Rundown of the 2012 Oscar's: Best Dressed & After Party Pics

The Now: Rundown of the 2012 Oscar's: Best Dressed & After Party Pics

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rundown of the 2012 Oscar's: Best Dressed & After Party Pics

Watching the Oscars has always been so exciting for me! Confession, when I was little..er in early middle school, the Oscars were an even bigger deal. I would dress up in my fanciest dresses, sit directly in front of the TV and not move  until the very end. Nerd Alert!!! To me, it is the Superbowl of fashion (The Met Gala is at a dead even nowadays). This year was a very "close game". There were so many gorgeous looks that it was hard to pick my top 5, but I managed. Gwyneth and Rooney both pretty much took my breath away so they are kind of tied for first in my book. The beautiful nominees, Jessica and Michelle were standouts as well as Angelina. I was weirded out by her walk and poses but nevertheless, she looked stunning. 

Victoria Beckham, Elizabeth Banks, Jason Sudeikis, Olivia Wilde, Sofia Coppola, Tom Ford, Elizabeth Olsen at The Vanity Fair party & Dita von Teese at the Elton John party
images via rcfa, otrc, vanityfair.com & fabsugar


soooooo I'm dying to know..who were your favorites??? Least Favorites??

xoxo e



Labels: , , , , ,

19 Comments:

At February 27, 2012 at 5:35 AM , Blogger Liz {Sequins And Stripes} said...

I LOVED Gwyneth, Michelle and Milla!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Sara Mueller said...

I love the way you put together this post! I loved Gwyneth's dress!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 7:16 AM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

love this! haha angie IS trying so hard, which is funny because she's usually so cool on the red carpet. xo

 
At February 27, 2012 at 7:23 AM , Blogger carolyn said...

agreed! i loved the first two lovely ladies in white, so dreamy and beautiful. and seriously, angie. what is with the leg??

 
At February 27, 2012 at 7:30 AM , Blogger Ridgely's Radar said...

Loved Gwyneth's dress after she took off the cape!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Amy Moore said...

With no TV this year I've had to rely on posts like this. I think I saw Michelle Williams in a red flirty number? Loved that, and Gwyneth can do no wrong in my book. Thanks for the sneaky peaky!!

xoxo,

Amy

 
At February 27, 2012 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Annie said...

E - this is the BEST Oscar recap ever! Gwyneth looked STUNNING... I loved the cape on the red carpet! My least favorite of the night was JLo - put some clothes on woman! xoxo A

 
At February 27, 2012 at 8:26 AM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

Gwyneth for the win- absolutely perfect! I also love Michelle Williams...and was it just me or did Angelina look like she's done something to her face? I thought she looked almost like a different person- can't put my finger on what is different but something is.

 
At February 27, 2012 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Michelle Williams was my favorite and Gwynnie was a very close second. Obsessed with both!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Alexa said...

I liked Natalie Portman's dress! Oh and I really wish I could have joined at one of those fantastic parties. Le sigh.

 
At February 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Lara {simply irresistible} said...

Poor Angelina was trying a bit too hard last night. Her dress was awesome but she took away from it. Loved Gwyneth! Great recap my friend :)

 
At February 27, 2012 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Gameday Stylist said...

Love Emma's dress. Great round up.

- Sara @ Gameday Stylist

 
At February 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Taylor said...

ugh Angelina..... I can't stand her so obviously I'm biased but my Lord! WE GET IT! She looked like a idiot I thought! Gwyneth was my favorite. and YES Emma stone was almost identical to Nicole Kidman! Agree with everything you wrote obviously :)

itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At February 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Elizabeth Pohl said...

My #1 is actually Sarah Hyland from Modern Family. Weird, I know, but I loved her! And that lilac color was amazing. Rose Byrne followed closely at my #2 and then #3 Milla Jovovich. Overall, fab 84th Oscars.

 
At February 27, 2012 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Viviana said...

Gwyneth looked absolutely stunning in Tom Ford! I think she's my pick for best dressed :)

 
At February 27, 2012 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

Loved Gwyneth! Michelle was a close second, and I loved that green color on Viola Davis!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Kecia said...

Best Oscar post I've seen yet! Love the graphics, comments, and your picks!

http://www.couturezooblog.com/

 
At February 27, 2012 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Great rundown, I completely agree with your choices! However, Angie's posing overshadowed the amazing dress, tou don't notice the dress when she is acting like a teapot. The sparkle westwood gown was stunning!

 
At February 27, 2012 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Daily Cup of Couture said...

fabulous round-up! Gwyneth was certainly one of my favs!! xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home