This page has moved to a new address.

Celebrity Styling Series With Kelly from Classically Eclectic

The Now: Celebrity Styling Series With Kelly from Classically Eclectic

Friday, March 9, 2012

Celebrity Styling Series With Kelly from Classically Eclectic

Kelly, from Classically Eclectic is here today! Hooray! We became blog friends not too long ago, but have basically worked all week together {just did a post for her on Wednesday} and she has quickly become one of my favorites. From snippets of her weekend activities to pictures of her adorable family {her husband and pup are super cute!} to purchases and projects for her gorgeous home, Kelly always has entertaining material.  So here she is.....


Happy Friday, everyone! I’m Kelly from Classically Eclectic, and I’m so excited to be participating in this series! When Elizabeth asked me to focus on my favorite celebrity and/or style icon I didn’t hesitate or waiver on my decision for even a second: Jenna Lyons. When I think about the type of style I want to embody and be known for (classic, eclectic [hello, blog name], quirky, humble, engaging, interesting), I inevitably end up pulling inspiration from Jenna and of course the J. Crew catalog.  

My girl crush on Jenna started back in college when I was working for J. Crew; I worked there for five years, and goodness, do I miss that discount! This was when I was first introduced to the idea of mixing high and low, masculine and feminine, classic with a quirky twist. I never looked back.  Thank you, Jenna. Thank you.
Jenna embodies all of these qualities. She often uses abstract terms to describe a style, outfit, or fashion trend (e.g. elevated, engaging) – rather than the more tangible terms we are used to hearing. Her brand is genuine, authentic, humble, classic, quirky, and dare I say, slightly awkward. *For those of you that know me, I consider myself to be slightly socially awkward at times; I have come to appreciate this quality in me, and when I watch interviews with Jenna (like this one) I find her slight social awkwardness to be endearing. Perhaps there is hope for me yet!

I also admire Jenna for what she has been able to accomplish- apart from her celebrity. She is a designer in the truest sense of the word, and she is also a fantastic businesswoman. I’m not aware of any other creative director that has been able to become the face of a brand- especially for a company the size of J. Crew. She has literally elevated the style of women around the world- and not even in a way that encourages woman to be brand-worshippers of J. Crew.  


Here is an office I designed inspired by Jenna's style: 


...and here is an outfit inspired by the Jenna/J. Crew classic with a quirky twist style: 


[Denim Top Shoes Laces Vest Watch Necklace Glasses Clutch- vintage (mine)]

[Other image credits: 1 2 3 4 5]




Thanks again for having me, Elizabeth! I had so much fun putting this post together! Have a great weekend, everyone! 

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

At March 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM , Blogger Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Ummm obsessed. With the outfit and the room. Why is Jenna lyons so perfect?

 
At March 9, 2012 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Alexa said...

I agree with Alex. She has amazing style...both in clothing and home decor!

 
At March 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Julia - the Urban Slant said...

Literally love Jenna Lyons. Love this room look. That desk is perfection. Such an interesting material.

 
At March 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM , Blogger Daily Cup of Couture said...

so fabulous - Jenna is truly one of my all time favorite style icons !! I adore our clothing and home decor inspiration boards! xx

 
At March 9, 2012 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

Love the outfit and room Kelly put together! She captured Jenna's style perfectly. :)

 
At March 9, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Blogger tiny dancer said...

Fabulous post! I adore Jenna too - she is such a modern style icon :) I love what she has done for J. Crew. And not to mention her amazing shoe collection *drool* Darling little blog you have here <3

Tasia
http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

 
At March 10, 2012 at 3:07 AM , Blogger Viviana said...

Fabulous post!! I wish I could be Jenna's bestie ;) ha! xox

 
At March 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM , Blogger christine {bijouandboheme} said...

LOVE what Kelly has put together- that desk is insane and I adore it with the Beni underneath...the outit is a perfect JL ensemble- fabulous post!!!

 
At March 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Taylor said...

love both the room + the outfit! I want that outfit on my body right now, casual perfection!
xo
itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At March 11, 2012 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Julie and Lauren said...

I love both of those inspiration boards-- I'd be one happy girl with those! XO

 
At March 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM , Blogger L.A. in the bay said...

I so want to wear this outfit! LOVE!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home