This page has moved to a new address.

Cannes Perfection: Diane Kruger in Giambattista Valli

The Now: Cannes Perfection: Diane Kruger in Giambattista Valli

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cannes Perfection: Diane Kruger in Giambattista Valli

The opening ceremony of the Cannes Film Festival was held yesterday and Diane Kruger started things off with a very memorable entrance. The Cannes juror walked the red carpet in a custom made, mint Giambattista Valli asymmetrical gown and she was the epitome of classic Hollywood glam!!

DYING!! She's like a modern day Grace Kelly!
oh work it work it
Speaking of Cannes, Eva Longoria (WHYYYY is she always at these sort of events??) was also there in a monstrosity of a dress by Marchesa. While the dress is insanely gorge, I'm afraid the train is wayyy too long for the 5 foot nothing "actress". Before wearing a train this long, Eva should have asked herself a couple questions. 1. Am I a princess on my wedding day? 2. Wait where am I wearing this? How did I get invited to the Cannes Film Festival again??? Just my opinion.



images via Getty, RCFA, suicideblonde

So what do you think?  Are you a fan of Eva's train? What about Diane's look??

xo e

13 Comments:

At May 17, 2012 at 7:26 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

ah shes fabulous! and totally agree about eva longoria...why does she get invited anywhere!

 
At May 17, 2012 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Viviana said...

I agree about Eva! I don't get it. But Diane was stunninggg!

 
At May 17, 2012 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Brynn {chartreuse and a twist} said...

oh my holy gorgeousness!!! diane kruger's look is completely stunning...just so glamorous! on the other hand, yes...i totally agree with your eva comments. a very questionable look for her & the occasion. XO brynn

 
At May 17, 2012 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Elizabeth Pohl said...

Eva's train is longer than her whole body! Your 5' nothing "actress" comment made me LMAO!

 
At May 17, 2012 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Nuha said...

alll i can say about diane's dress is : ajskdflajdsfkasdjkf;adsjk;a - it's effing gorgeous, and i want it! no seriously... and don't shoot me, but i actually like eva's dress, train could be a tad shorter, but it's fine with me - eek!

 
At May 17, 2012 at 10:59 AM , Blogger The Now said...

Haha!! I won't shoot you!! I do think it's a great dress. I'm just not a huge Eva fan & wish the train was shorter! Xox

 
At May 17, 2012 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Taylor said...

hahahaha I am dying at your comments!!! actress is quotes especially. I do love the open back on her dress (you know I love a mullet) ....but I bet it looked even more ridiculous on person and weighed more than she does. and I concur.... WHY is she there???? Diane Kruger is so freakishly gorgeous every single time she walks out the door she looks incredible. how did Pacey land that one???

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At May 17, 2012 at 12:39 PM , Blogger travelkate said...

LOVE Diane's dress...and the color is just ideal! I agree Eva's train is too long the dress is reading bridal to me with it!

 
At May 17, 2012 at 5:25 PM , Blogger Tamra {ever swoon} said...

I was SWOOOONING over Diane's dress. seriously a DREAM!

 
At May 17, 2012 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Daily Cup of Couture said...

beyond stunning!! xx

 
At May 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Diane looks stunning! I can't get over that dress! Eva looks ok but next to the vision in mint... No comparison!
Xoxo

 
At May 17, 2012 at 11:09 PM , Blogger silviasiantar said...

I'm team DIANE too, Those trains are to die for!! Enjoyed reading your blog and following you. Keep in touch okay.

silvia
www.poisepolish.com

 
At May 18, 2012 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Julie and Lauren said...

Omg Diane's dress is gorgeous in that mint color!! Not as big of a fan of Eva's although I appreciate he texture! Xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home