This page has moved to a new address.

Disappearing Act

The Now: Disappearing Act

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Disappearing Act

First off, I wanted to thank you all for your awesome, encouraging comments yesterday! I'm glad you get my weirdness.  Anyway, comments make my day especially when they are about me. haha jk!

In the past, I have loved styling with picture frames.  I had a table filled with frames like this:

via Peppermint Bliss
I have a long skinny table that I styled like this ...
via Matchbook
And I loved putting frames in my bookshelves like this
Via Lonny
Well not exactly as awesome as any of the styling in these pics, but you get the idea. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with decorating with picture frames. It's not like I'm saying it's "uncool". It looks great in other people's homes, but for some reason, I have slowly been taking down every picture frame so my tables and shelves will look more like this...

frameless
via Elizabeth Sullivan Design

or maybe one or two at the most on a long skinny table

Catherine Sheppard's home via Glitter Guide
or on a bookshelf

via Lonny
How have I been brainwashed into removing all of my frames? And now I am left with the dilemma of how to display my pictures!

I could make a picture collage...
Rita Konig's mantle via Domino

or a gallery wall...


What do you think? Am I the only one having this frame phobia??? 

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At June 21, 2012 at 7:19 AM , Blogger Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I am the exact same way. I try to keep one or two per surface, but I could have thousands. A gallery wall was my solution. I love it.

 
At June 21, 2012 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Annie said...

I'm with you bunny. I think I got it from my mom. She won't display personal photos in very "public" places, but just keeps a few strategic albums around for people to flip through. It used to offend me, but now I kinda get it! I vote gallery wall too!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Natalie said...

I love the look of one or two per table/shelf, having a million reminds me of my grandmother's home or something? I love the idea of having a gallery wall to display the rest. That last image is perfect!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Kecia said...

Me too! I had a gallery wall in the office, but with the move, it all went to storage. I seem to be moving further and further away from using my frames and photographs. I need to incorporate some back in.

xx
Kecia

http://www.couturezooblog.com/

 
At June 21, 2012 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Haley said...

Same here! I made a gallery wall and mixed personal photographs in with small art prints, which I think kept my room from going too high school girl with a bajillion silver frames. I now have a basket full of empty frames that I'm not sure what to do with! I need to make some albums, but can't think of when I'll have that much time...

 
At June 21, 2012 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Grace - Stripes and Sequins said...

Really gorgeous inspiration. I personally still love walls full of frames, but can respect the decision to take a more minimalist approach! :)

 
At June 21, 2012 at 10:13 AM , Blogger Alexa said...

LOVE that second to last one. Gorgeous!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I am the exact same way! Well I hope to be actually. I have a ton currently but once the fall comes I'm redecorating and removing the majority of them. Love the idea of a gallery wall :)

Have a great weekend! xoxo

 
At June 21, 2012 at 2:43 PM , Blogger The Zhush said...

Love framed photos on the wall, ours are in the upstairs hallway...but also if you use just one type of frame, like all silver, etc. a group on a table will look more put together. Loved the images you pulled together for this!

 
At June 21, 2012 at 5:37 PM , Blogger Tamra {ever swoon} said...

I totally understand about frame phobia, maybe it is bc I feel like I need to update them all the time or switch them out. I feel like some areas of my home are perfect for frame overkill, but other areas, my frames aren't working, so I've been restyling. I love the gallery wall, have one myself. But I also like the look of a single frame on a long skinny shelf.

 
At June 21, 2012 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Amy Shaughnessy said...

I don't have a bunch of picture frames in my house but I have two giant bookshelves in my living room that would look great with frames/books. I definitely don't have enough books or frames to fill them up yet. I'm slowly building them up! (One is completely bare right now.) I like to lay books flat too and set something on them.

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

 
At June 21, 2012 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Anna said...

I have a couple of framed photos (three) on the bookshelf in the living room and one in our bedroom. That's it! haha

 
At June 21, 2012 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Taylor said...

love the photo collage and gallery wall. I'm still silver frame obsessed like the first picture though :)

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At June 23, 2012 at 5:23 AM , Blogger Punctuation Mark said...

I change things around all the time some totally understand you... Have a nice one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home