This page has moved to a new address.

Couture Fall 2012: My Favorite Trend

The Now: Couture Fall 2012: My Favorite Trend

Friday, July 20, 2012

Couture Fall 2012: My Favorite Trend

I know I've talked about street style and the flowers at couture week, but now it's time to get down to business. I want to talk to you about THE trend of all trends: The face mask. Designers showed endless variations of couture face coverings, but here are some of my favorites from Giambattista Valli, Armani Prive and Maison Martin Margiela. 


Here is one highly wearable one from Giambattista. This reminds me of something...What is it???
Oh yeah the creepiest movie EVER. Horror films and couture go so well together



This show stopping bedazzled veil is from Armani Prive


This beauty is by the one, the only, Maison Martin Margiela
I totally get it....
Who needs to see?



Now I'm sure some of you fashion rookies are thinking, "I would never wear that" or "Those are completely idiotic and ridiculous". Well, not me. See I am not a fashion rookie..I am a fashion risk taker and I am all about the face mask. In fact, I already have mine. Take that Olivia Palermo. Maybe you other suckers can get yours when they hit Shopbop or J. Crew in eight months. 





Happy Weekend...and remember what your friend Elizabeth Midgett told you...face masks are the future!

xoxo e

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At July 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I heart you. You rock it better than anyone

 
At July 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Julia - the Urban Slant said...

This is amazing. WTF are designers thinking?! Yes, i'd like a butterfly on my mouth. Um. no.

 
At July 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Taylor said...

hahaha. I think that diamond face mask weighs more than that models body. AND yes to the first picture being an exact replica. You look just stunning beautiful in your face mask; if only I were as high fashion as you....

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At July 20, 2012 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Annie said...

BAGHHH! Bunny you are amazing! And I would like to noted for my photo credit, thankyouverymuch.

 
At July 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Elizabeth {Ms Classic Glamour} said...

Hahaahaha!!! SO FUNNY! This just shows how "artsy" fashion is and how little of it actually can be worn in real life. Great post! Love the pic of you too in your oh-so-fashionable mask. ;)
xoxo

 
At July 20, 2012 at 12:45 PM , OpenID thelonelywifeproject said...

HAHA!! You make me laugh really hard!

 
At July 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Punctuation Mark said...

Very funny! Have a great weekend!

 
At July 20, 2012 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Fashion-isha said...

I love the drama of these fashion photos! And this is the first time on you blog and I love it. I will be following and can't wait to see more! Have a wonderful weekend!
xo
Sharon

 
At July 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Dominique DeLaney said...

Oh my those are creepy...yours looks much better!! You sure know how to turn heads :)

 
At July 20, 2012 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Bud and Leo said...

hahahahah awesome. The Armani prive one is actually pretty! The ones that really freaked me out were where you could BARELY tell it was there until you looked up close? eek!

 
At July 23, 2012 at 7:20 AM , Blogger carolyn said...

ha, thank you! laughing out loud at my desk this morning :)

 
At July 23, 2012 at 10:59 AM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

haha you are so cute!! xoxo

 
At July 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM , Blogger Carly | a simple affair said...

Everything about this post is incredible

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home