This page has moved to a new address.

Wedding Wednesday

The Now: Wedding Wednesday

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wedding Wednesday


Designer Raf Simons had two very important shows this year: His final collection for Jil Sander and his first collection for the house of Dior {couture no less}. While these were landmark collections for Raf and moving shows for the fashion world, what made them unforgettable for me were the flowers! Raf called upon friend and florist, Mark Calle to help create floral arrangements and if I had millions of dollars and a time machine, I would have called upon him for my wedding!! 






Insane right!??!

Fun Facts:

  • Florist Mark Colle has been a florist since the age of 15 and owns a shop in Antwerp called Baltimore
  • Mark worked alone on the "flower cases" for the Jil Sander show
  • Music from Mazzy Star, Smashing Pumpkins & Sonic Youth were played during Raf's final show for Jil Sander...so moody!
  • Over one million flowers were used for Raf's debut Dior Couture show
  • Five rooms were covered from floor to ceiling with flowers inside a Parisian mansion
  • The blooms were meant to pay homage to Dior who was passionate about flowers
  • Watch the construction of the flower walls here
xoxo e




images via Another Magazine, Maydele, The House That Lars BuiltThe Gloss,

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At July 18, 2012 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I can't decide which I love more!

 
At July 18, 2012 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Viviana said...

This is insanely beautiful!

 
At July 18, 2012 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Taylor said...

okay, those flower walls and doorways for dior are insane. I need a million to make my apartment look that like right now!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At July 18, 2012 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Tamra {ever swoon} said...

that is what my heaven would look like.

 
At July 18, 2012 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Punctuation Mark said...

I love those flowers!!! They are the perfect setting for those dresses!

 
At July 18, 2012 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Bud and Leo said...

omggg I'm obsessed!!! I saw that Dior wall on pinterest- love the story behind it! He is obviously a flippin genius!

 
At July 18, 2012 at 9:53 AM , OpenID thelonelywifeproject said...

One hundred thousand percent insane! Seriously!

 
At July 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM , Blogger Dominique DeLaney said...

Oh my goodness this is stunning...absolutely GORGEOUS!! I think the Dior is my favorite!!

XoXo,

Dominique @ http://comfycozycouture.blogspot.com

 
At July 18, 2012 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Jenee C. said...

The flower setting is just out of this world. It captures all the timeless elegance that we expect from Dior. I would have loved to have been there just to be amongst the scent of those fresh cut flowers. Really loving your blog, you have a new follower. Hope we can stay in touch.

xx Jenee C.
http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com

 
At August 16, 2012 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Lara said...

thank you so much for sharing this. it is so awesome and inspirational!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home