This page has moved to a new address.

Wedding Wednesday: NOLA Dream Wedding

The Now: Wedding Wednesday: NOLA Dream Wedding

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: NOLA Dream Wedding

This is an oldie but a goodie. Long, long ago, before your old friend, {emphasis on old}Elizabeth, got married, I had a wedding blog called A Midgett Wedding. That's right. And one of my favorite posts was about the wedding of Cece and Trevor Colhoun. I was obsessed OBSESSED with this wedding for many reasons.  A. Cece {an SMU Mustang btw} is absolutely beautiful B. It was held in her hometown, New Orleans which is one of my favorite places ever. C. Her dresses, shoes, flowers and reception were out of control.  D. The photos were incredible!  So listen to this...Soon after I posted this on my old wedding blog, I began to work for a wedding photographer who ...get this .. shot Cece's wedding with fellow photog friend, Stephen Karlisch. DYING! 


Some little known facts:

  • Cece's gorgeous veil was from her husband's side of the family and it had been passed down from generations. They acquired it from the Bonaparte's. That name rings a bell for some reason but I can't put my finger on it. ;)
  • Her ceremony dress was Vera and the reception dress was Marchesa. Shoes were Christian Louboutin
  • Cece has a Pinterest and I am now following.. haha #stalker 
  • Oh and she has a shoe store called Cece Shoe inside her mother's New Orleans store, Mimi.
  • I told you I was a wedding stalker! 

images via Karlisch and Style Me Pretty

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE NOW/SWIRL J. CREW GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY!!!!!

xo e

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At August 29, 2012 at 5:24 AM , Blogger Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

You are my bff soulmate. Seriously. This wedding is so freaking gorgeousss!!! And I am not following Cece on pinterest too. Normal. Going to see if I can check out your wedding blog right now.

 
At August 29, 2012 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

love the idea of the veil!

 
At August 29, 2012 at 8:26 AM , Blogger Alexa said...

Seriously amazing! What a dream! :)

 
At August 29, 2012 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Viviana said...

I love the dress she changed into for the party!

 
At August 29, 2012 at 8:35 AM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

so pretty. and now i'm going to stalk your old blog :)

 
At August 29, 2012 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Daily Cup of Couture said...

such a gorgeous wedding! it has always been one of my favorites since I saw it in T & C a few years ago :) xx

 
At August 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Brynn {chartreuse and a twist} said...

Capital G for GORGEOUS!!!!! and how i am GUSHING over every photo! absolutely love, love, loving that party dress! XO brynn

 
At August 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

Beautiful pictures! I went to my first wedding this year and I'm obsessed.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

 
At August 29, 2012 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Swooning over this wedding, I haven't seen if before! Love everything about it, especially homegirls personality!

 
At August 29, 2012 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Bud and Leo said...

what a dream wedding! first vera then marchesa?! I could die!!!

 
At August 29, 2012 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Jessica @ Here(and)Now said...

oh wow! So much gorgeousness. I am DYING over her reception dress!
Thanks for sharing
xx
Here&Now

 
At August 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM , Blogger navy and orange said...

LOVE the gettaway dress!

xoxo navy & orange

 
At August 30, 2012 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Taylor said...

Ummmmmmm this is incredible. I have no words. And I need to know more about this midgett wedding blog...

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At August 30, 2012 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Lily said...

The Marchesa reception dress is SO amazing...I am in love !!!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

 
At September 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM , Blogger Katherine said...

I loved that wedding too! And the wedding video really made it look magical!

 
At January 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Kelli Mueller said...

This is plain gorgeous! Oh my, the photos are not enough to showcase how dreamy this wedding is. I love the romantic touch of the wedding --- from her veil, to the picture where she walks down the stairs, up to the reception. Even without the ceremony pictures, we can feel the romantic and fun ambiance surrounding the crowd during the reception.

Kelli Mueller

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home