This page has moved to a new address.

Wedding Wednesday: Bachelorette in NOLA

The Now: Wedding Wednesday: Bachelorette in NOLA

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Bachelorette in NOLA

So as I said on Monday, I headed to NOLA for my friend, Katie's bachelorette party! Katie has been one of my best friends since we were 15 so it was so fun to celebrate her upcoming wedding in our favorite city, New Orleans! I estimated that I gained 100 pounds eating all the delicious food, but probably sweat it all out as it was super steamy and I was forced to wear pants at Galatoires. They are super old school so if you ever go there, remember you can't wear shorts or jeans with holes in them. I learned this the hard way when I was sent back to the hotel to change. hahah! 

Oh also...if you want to feel like a Victoria's Secret supermodel, grab some girlfriends and head to Bourbon Street. I have never seen a group of girls get hit on as much as we did. I mean...married men, super creepy men, homeless men...you name it, they hit on us. It was insane. So seriously remember that if you need an ego boost. 






Speaking of weddings, how shocked were y'all about Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds?!?!  I love that it was in Charleston and that Florence Welch sang!!! Ugh!! I really need pictures from that wedding. Apparently, Blake wore a custom Marchesa gown and she and her bridesmaids had custom Christian Louboutin shoes made for the event. DYINGGGGGGG!!!!!  Another detail: The planner was Charleston wedding planner, Tara Guerard.

Here is a pic of the plantation where the wedding was held...
ps...this is where they filmed The Notebook..aghgh!
image via eonline

xo e

Labels: , , ,

19 Comments:

At September 12, 2012 at 5:55 AM , Blogger Christine Dovey said...

Yup...definitely want pictures of that wedding! LOVED yours from your trip- looks like you had so much fun!!

 
At September 12, 2012 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Annie said...

LOVE this post! Your pics from NOLA are amazing... It looks like y'all had a great time and that Katie had the best bachelorette ever :) And I cannot waitttt to see the Blake/Ryan wedding pics! They are so perfect it's insane!

 
At September 12, 2012 at 8:03 AM , Blogger ashley nicole catherine said...

what a fun weekend!! ummm i'm kinda POed that they married at the Notebook site. they've been dating for what, like 2 seconds and didn't he just divorce scarjo?? we should take bets to see how long this one lasts. but i'm also dying to see her dress.

 
At September 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Lily said...

Yes I am dying to see the dress as well...and the shoes!!! Looks like you had an amazing weekend and all of those sweet treats are making me hungry :)

xxLily
goldandgray.com

 
At September 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Brynn {chartreuse and a twist} said...

so much fun!!!!! i just love destination bachelorette parties...it's the only way to do it, i think ;) & i have always wanted to go to new orleans...looks like you all had an amazing time! XO brynn

 
At September 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Elizabeth {Ms Classic Glamour} said...

What a fabulous weekend you had!!
And, yes, I was shocked to hear Blake and Ryan got married... but I wish them the best. :)
xoxo

 
At September 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM , Blogger The Now said...

Agreed. They really rushed into it. Why do celebs rush into getting married?!?

 
At September 12, 2012 at 3:30 PM , Blogger nikkijoy said...

Ah I wish Flo would come and sing at my wedding!! The bachelorette party looks loads of fun!! =)

 
At September 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Looks like you had such a fun weekend! I live in South Carolina and Boone Hall is BEAUTIFUL! They chose an amazing spot, in my completely unbiased opinion :)

 
At September 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Bud and Leo said...

omg how fun! looks like it was a blast. And I am dying for photos of her GOWN! I read somewhere there would be photos in Martha Stewart Weddings but I thought that was kind of rando?!

 
At September 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM , Blogger For All Things Lovely said...

Super cute blog! Love your photos! xx.
Meg

www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

 
At September 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Nuha said...

Ummmm I'm dying to see pictures of blake in her wedding dress...anything of the whole wedding! she's like my best friend, i can't believe i didn't know she was headed for the altar!

 
At September 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM , Blogger Taylor said...

ahh looks like the best bachelorette weekend ever - I can't believe you had to walk back to the hotel and change haha! Clearly they don't understand fashion.... dying over the blake + ryan situation - I need to see pictures immediately!

http://itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com/

 
At September 13, 2012 at 10:48 AM , OpenID thelonelywifeproject said...

What they got married?! You're now my personal version of US Weekly. I rely on your for celeb news. I recall the same experience on Bourbon. I think I'd rather be ignored. Your layout is amazing!

 
At September 13, 2012 at 4:40 PM , Blogger {av} | {long distance loving} said...

jealous in EVERY way that you got to go to NOLA. I was there 18 months ago and am itching to get back. I feel ya on the 100lbs bit. I ate (and drank) enough for six people ;) xoxo {av}

 
At September 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM , Blogger Lexi said...

This looks like such a great time + all girls need an ego-boost now and then (even if the guys are extra creepy!) Also, your photoshop skills are fabulous!
♡ Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

 
At September 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Rachael {all things beautiful} said...

Aww, I love these pics! My best friend and I have been friends since we were 14 and it's just the best to have someone you've known for that long. Looks like ya'll had a fabulous time! :)

 
At September 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM , Blogger travelkate said...

So much fun!! I went to a bachelorette in NOLA a couple years ago for my best friend...everyone from CA almost always chooses Vegas, and we wanted to go somewhere new!! So much fun...I loved loved it! And I know exactly what you are saying about Bourbon Street!

 
At April 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Sarah Nester said...

Love the planning for a wedding, so exciting. From engagement rings

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home